Windows 10: How can I remove my old organisations PIN requirements?

Discus and support How can I remove my old organisations PIN requirements? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My last job required extended PIN Complexity and regular Expiration, I no longer work there yet I am still bound by these parameters when logging into... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Trinosity, May 15, 2020.

1. Trinosity Win User

How can I remove my old organisations PIN requirements?

My last job required extended PIN Complexity and regular Expiration, I no longer work there yet I am still bound by these parameters when logging into my PC. I am unable to go back to a 4 digit PIN and don't know how to amend the expiration requirement. I've reviewed previous posts asking the same question but the threads are locked and the answers didn't help e.g. I tried editing DWORD through regedit but there was no ...\PassportForWork\PINComplexity folders under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft. Hope you can help.

:)

Trinosity, May 15, 2020
  2. Mehgeeg Win User

Your Organisation requires you to change your pin

I recently activated my new account for my University and checked 'allow my organisation to manage my device' prompt.

I'm not sure if these made any changes to my device but the next day when I tried to log in to my PC with my normal pin i get a message saying that my Organisation requires me to change my pin.

I went into my the sign in options in the settings and it states that the Windows Hello pin is not working for my organisation's resources. How do i remove my organisation from managing my device, my PC was working fine before.

How can I remove my old organisations PIN requirements? 5e6bd79a-846a-4406-a8de-57e04dea7eef?upload=true.png

Mehgeeg, May 15, 2020
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 15, 2020
  4. Mehgeeg Win User

Your Organisation requires you to change your pin

The problem still stands, I am still being asked to change my pin and my computer is still being managed by my organisation even after remove my device from management. Is there no other way to reset my outlook and restore my PC back to how it was originally?

Mehgeeg, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I remove my old organisations PIN requirements? - Similar Threads - remove old organisations

2. Remove Organisation Requirements from PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Organisation Requirements from PIN: A few months ago, I purchased a new laptop. Initially I had connected my school email to the laptop under work, but it forced me to change my pin. I removed my school email, however, the pin requirements never left despite me restarting the laptop several times. I decided to...
  3. Remove Organisation Requirements from PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Organisation Requirements from PIN: A few months ago, I purchased a new laptop. Initially I had connected my school email to the laptop under work, but it forced me to change my pin. I removed my school email, however, the pin requirements never left despite me restarting the laptop several times. I decided to...
  4. How do I remove pin requirement for Windows11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove pin requirement for Windows11?: How do I get rid of the PC asking me for a PIN? My computer asks me to change the current PIN every other month. I refreshed my computer, but the below message did not go away....
  5. Removing organisational Requirement for Windows PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing organisational Requirement for Windows PIN: This has created so much grief for me. I have several machines that I need to set up for staff and when log them in as a work account it gets linked to thier office 365 Account, and I get this message: [ATTACH] Problem is that I cannot have a PIN log in because it...
  6. organisation changing pin requirements

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    organisation changing pin requirements: On my personal laptop, in which i am signed into my personal microsoft account, I have experienced it telling me to change my pin as it wasn't secure enough for my organisation. I do not remember consenting to my university being able to alter my personal laptop. I am...
  7. Organisation Requires Pin Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Organisation Requires Pin Reset: I've started getting this message monthly on home pc and am having to change my PIN which is a pain. Been into group policy editor and disabled all the Pin Complexity settings and want to reset my PIN to original settings but still being prevented using an old PIN. Anyone...
  8. How can I remove an old organisation account from my PC now I have left the company

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove an old organisation account from my PC now I have left the company: Hi, I have an old work account showing in my Settings>Email & Accounts option (Win 10). It appears under the 'Accounts used by other Apps' part of the screen. When I click on the old account a 'Manage' button appears. When I click the 'Manage' button it transfers me to an...
  9. Some settings are managed by ''my'' organisation and they require to change my PIN. How do...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some settings are managed by ''my'' organisation and they require to change my PIN. How do...: Hi, I was getting this message when I log in: ''your organization requires you to change your PIN'' I dont understand why I need to do this because this my own pc, in fact, I'm using Windows 10 Home edition. I was used to my PIN for a long time and would like to keep...
  10. How do I remove the Password and PIN requirement?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove the Password and PIN requirement?: I asked this once before and was given " NETPLWIZ " to remove the password and life was good. Then my IT guy installed the requirement for the PIN. How do we remove them again?...