Windows 10: How can I remove myself or another member from an X-Box family?

Discus and support How can I remove myself or another member from an X-Box family? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; If this is in the wrong forum, please move. I don't even own an X-Box but I use the Microsoft Solitaire Collection in Windows 10. When the app starts,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Hoosier Daddy, May 5, 2020.

1. How can I remove myself or another member from an X-Box family?

If this is in the wrong forum, please move.

I don't even own an X-Box but I use the Microsoft Solitaire Collection in Windows 10. When the app starts, it displays various messages prompting you to open something called the X-Box game bar.

Out of boredom, after years? of ignoring, I actually did that and find I am in something called an X-Box family with someone named CardCaninexxxx (xxxx is a number).

Research tells me that an X-Box family is the same as a Microsoft account family. But nobody is in my MS account family and I can't delete or find any info about CardCanine in whatever X-Box family I am in. There is no option for me to delete him from the X-Box family I'm in.

I've read everything available in various Microsoft forums and documentation and find nothing that tells me how to identify an X-Box family member or how to remove yourself from an X-Box family.

:)

Hoosier Daddy, May 5, 2020

2. removing a family member

I like to remove a family member from the account but when I select family member I do not see remove option and the only choices are either Block to sign or change. Any suggestion.

MariamMoasser, May 5, 2020
  3. guille md Win User
    Remove family member account not successful

Hello everyone,

I have tried to remove a family member account that I opened by mistake by following the steps I read here:

1. Login the parent account at https://fss.live.com.

2. In the Family Summary, click Remove a family member.

3. Check your account with issue and click Remove.

The problem now is that I dont see anymore the family member account on that website, but on my PC, when I start it, it still appears...

Help would be much appreciated

guille md, May 5, 2020
  4. gamoses Win User

How can I remove myself or another member from an X-Box family?

broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, May 5, 2020
Thema:

How can I remove myself or another member from an X-Box family?

1. How can I remove myself or another member from an X-Box family? - Similar Threads - remove myself another

2. How to remove myself from a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove myself from a family: My account has randomly been added to a family some how and I don't recognise the email address. How can I remove myself from this family. My account has full child restrictions added and i cant buy anything from the store or go on google. My computer is used for work and I...
  3. How to remove myself from a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove myself from a family: My account has randomly been added to a family some how and I don't recognise the email address. How can I remove myself from this family. My account has full child restrictions added and i cant buy anything from the store or go on google. My computer is used for work and I...
  4. Removing Family Members from Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Family Members from Microsoft family: I need help removing family members from my microsoft family. When I try to remove an account I get this error: You can't remove XXXXX from the family group.Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent...
  5. Removing Family Members from Microsoft family

Removing Family Members from Microsoft family: I need help removing family members from my microsoft family. When I try to remove an account I get this error: You can't remove XXXXX from the family group.Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent...
  6. Removing members from family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing members from family: I recently tried to remove a member from my family and it does not work. I tried removing it from both accounts in the family. both accounts say, "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Ben...
  7. Removing members from family

Removing members from family: I recently tried to remove a member from my family and it does not work. I tried removing it from both accounts in the family. both accounts say, "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Ben...
  8. How can I remove a family member account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I remove a family member account?: I am unable to remove family member account even though I am the account administrator. No "Remove" button appears on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-a-family-member-account/c7f120cc-5971-4858-bfcb-4667adffe504"
  9. Can I remove myself from Microsoft Family ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I remove myself from Microsoft Family ?: My dad created Microsoft family and I cannot download a file on my computer due to the restriction. Can I click on the button "Leave Family" to notify him?...
  10. removing myself from family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing myself from family: the reason i have to ask this on here is because the microsoft support is absolutely useless, the "get help" app doesn't even work. I need to remove myself from my xbox family thing because my account is classed a "child" and this prevents me from buying game pass. I then...