Windows 10: How can I remove only a couple icons from my desktop without removing all?

Discus and support How can I remove only a couple icons from my desktop without removing all? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have some important folders and I want to keep 2 of them on my desktop but not the other desktop icons. I want to remove those from my desktop but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rohan Pillai, Jan 27, 2023.

1. How can I remove only a couple icons from my desktop without removing all?

I have some important folders and I want to keep 2 of them on my desktop but not the other desktop icons. I want to remove those from my desktop but leave 2. They also don't show up in my desktop folder, just visibly on my desktop. Thanks

:)

Rohan Pillai, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Jan 27, 2023
  3. Error 404 Win User
    Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown How can I remove only a couple icons from my desktop without removing all? :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Jan 27, 2023
  4. How can I remove only a couple icons from my desktop without removing all?

Easy Rhino, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

How can I remove only a couple icons from my desktop without removing all?

1. How can I remove only a couple icons from my desktop without removing all? - Similar Threads - remove couple icons

2. How can I remove only a couple icons from my desktop without removing all?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove only a couple icons from my desktop without removing all?: I have some important folders and I want to keep 2 of them on my desktop but not the other desktop icons. I want to remove those from my desktop but leave 2. They also don't show up in my desktop folder, just visibly on my desktop. Thanks...
  3. how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved: Icon on desktop can not be removed or moved . i want to delete it and I can not do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-icon-on-desktop-that-can-not-be/9568290b-65d7-41e3-9c95-05604cf6797d
  4. how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved: Icon on desktop can not be removed or moved . i want to delete it and I can not do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-icon-on-desktop-that-can-not-be/9568290b-65d7-41e3-9c95-05604cf6797d
  5. How to Remove all the Applications from the desktop without deleting them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Remove all the Applications from the desktop without deleting them?: I would like to reset it without downloading some stuff, hiding or putting everything in the folder, is there a way to bring it back to its old state?? submitted by /u/IamtheOtakuu [link] [comments]...
  6. how do i remove an app from my desktop without deleting

how do i remove an app from my desktop without deleting: Please tell me how i can remove an app from my desktop without deleting it thanks submitted by /u/Misterboidoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mdt0rf/how_do_i_remove_an_app_from_my_desktop_without/
  7. Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?

Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?: Is there a way to remove the shortcut arrow icon from shortcuts, but only on the desktop? So I could still see them in explorer which is useful, but it would make the desktop look a lot cleaner. submitted by /u/KingofHeck [link] [comments]...
  8. How to remove a printer - without removing ALL printers!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove a printer - without removing ALL printers!: I have a printer. I have 3 different versions of the same printer - intentional. Like on is USB and another prints with specific settings. I tried installing another printer. I was having trouble and tried installing manually. I had the printer drivers. I had to choose...
  9. How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?: [img] ---------------- *I have already uncheck all except Recycle Bin in Desktop Icon Settings. [img] Thanks 139653
  10. How to remove a Desktop Icon without destroying My Account

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove a Desktop Icon without destroying My Account: I have a Desktop Icon that bears the name of my account. I want to be able to delete this icon without deleting the contents of My Account. I have already deleted my Windows Live Mail Contacts List as I had a Contacts Icon on the Desktop.*Mad Norman 105713