Windows 10: How can I remove "Quick Searches", "Top apps" and "Suggested" from windows 11 start menu...

Discus and support How can I remove "Quick Searches", "Top apps" and "Suggested" from windows 11 start menu... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I click on the search box in the Windows 11 start menu, I get a wealth of distracting and mostly irrelevant items shown.Is there a way to get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mandango, Jan 25, 2023.

1. mandango Win User

How can I remove "Quick Searches", "Top apps" and "Suggested" from windows 11 start menu...

When I click on the search box in the Windows 11 start menu, I get a wealth of distracting and mostly irrelevant items shown.Is there a way to get rid of this?I want a clean search box and nothing else.I have already disabled the search options in Settings => Personalizations and Privacy & security but this did not helpPlease keep things pure and simple and stop nagging the users with unwanted clutter.And please add a way to get back to the start menu from search without closing and re-opening it.

:)

mandango, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

3. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Jan 25, 2023
  4. enso Win User

How can I remove "Quick Searches", "Top apps" and "Suggested" from windows 11 start menu...

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. How can I remove "Quick Searches", "Top apps" and "Suggested" from windows 11 start menu... - Similar Threads - remove Quick Searches

2. How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?: I've been trying to remove it in windows versions 1809 and 22h2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-suggested-and-top-apps-from-the/2e44dbd2-a3e1-409a-8bc4-33334aca2a36
  3. How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?: I've been trying to remove it in windows versions 1809 and 22h2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-suggested-and-top-apps-from-the/2e44dbd2-a3e1-409a-8bc4-33334aca2a36
  4. How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can I remove "Quick Searches", "Top apps" and "Suggested" from windows 11 start menu...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove "Quick Searches", "Top apps" and "Suggested" from windows 11 start menu...: When I click on the search box in the Windows 11 start menu, I get a wealth of distracting and mostly irrelevant items shown.Is there a way to get rid of this?I want a clean search box and nothing else.I have already disabled the search options in Settings => Personalizations...
  6. How to quickly locate Apps from All apps in Start Menu of Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to quickly locate Apps from All apps in Start Menu of Windows 11: [ATTACH]The Windows 11 Start Menu is significantly different from that of Windows 10. For some, this could be an advantage, while others might find the transition a little difficult. Thus, we are here to help you with tips about the Start menu. Quickly locate Apps from All...
  7. how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?: I tried right clicking the tiles but theres no option to remove submitted by /u/Several-Wear4223 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg7n11/how_to_remove_the_top_apps_section_of_the_search/
  8. Search menu on top of start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu on top of start menu: [ATTACH] After updating to the latest version of windows 10 2004 through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does anybody know what is going on, and how to solve this bug?...
  9. Search on top of start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search on top of start menu: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/k319520u7y351.png?width=825&format=png&auto=webp&s=b67f7e8bf716295108cea35e733f61d71873f6d1 After updating to the latest version of windows 10 (2004) through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does...
  10. Start menu "Top Apps" Remove

in Cortana
    Start menu "Top Apps" Remove: Hello All, Currently on build 2019.07.30.2227780 and would like to know if there is a way to remove the "Top Apps" from the start menu search bar (Press Start, Enter something to search on, Delete said search, will then display the "Top Apps"). Seems odd to have this show as...