Windows 10: how can i remove RDS per user cals which are unused?

Discus and support how can i remove RDS per user cals which are unused? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; want to remove un-used Remote Desktop Licenses CALs from RDS server. If i directly uninstall the Cals using below command. will Microsoft still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Aawesh Sayyed, Oct 22, 2020.

1. how can i remove RDS per user cals which are unused?

want to remove un-used Remote Desktop Licenses CALs from RDS server.

If i directly uninstall the Cals using below command. will Microsoft still charge for it or it will be removed from license as well?

wmic /namespace:\\root\cimv2 path win32_TSlicenseKeyPack CALL UninstallLicenseKeyPackWithId KEYPACKID

Scenario:

There are 2 servers.

Server1 - 2000 Cals per user. 1230 issued

Server2 - 1000 Cals per user. 0 issued

can i removed 1000 Cals from server2 and add 50% of new cals again?

As we cannot remove cals partially.

:)

Aawesh Sayyed, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Fatmasari Win User

Activate RDS CAL 2019 on Windows Server 2016

Dear Microsoft Support,

We recently purchased Windows Server RDS CAL 2019.

When we tried to install Windows Server RDS CAL 2019 into Windows Server 2016, it shows the license is not recognized and couldn’t install.

My questions are :

1. Can’t Windows RDS CAL 2019 be installed in Windows Server 2016? If can, how?
    2. Is there any way to downgrade RDS CAL from 2019 to 2016 version?

Thanks,

Fatmasari, Oct 22, 2020
  3. TS RDS Device CAL license unbind device

Hi All,

I have issue on TS RDS cal license in Win 2008 R2 server.

Have procured few TS RDS Device CAL and configured in Win 2008 Server. Now few users are left and device is cleaned and remove few users dot not required to be access and i need to give another user access. But 10 license configured and always 4 to 5 users
    are connected not more than that. now issue is another user trying to connect it says unable to connect RDC check remote machine is ON and have access.

I need to cleanup of binded systems here which is not in use so that i can use that license to another device.

Please suggest

Regards,

Reddy

Reddyp_008, Oct 22, 2020
  4. IT-Ken Win User

how can i remove RDS per user cals which are unused?

Are RDS User CALS included in Microsoft 365 E3/E5 Licensing?

Disclaimer: I am not a Microsoft employee and I cannot speak for Microsoft. I can only speak from my personal experience.

From our experience? No. They do not appear to be included.

From our work with our Microsoft 365 project and the related agreement it did not include RDS CALs; formerly known as TS CALs. We have/had to separately purchase RDS CALs in addition to the others which were included with M365.

To clarify, our M365 Agreement included Server CALs, Users CALs and ML CALs (Management Licenses for SCCM and so on) but no RDS CALs. It seems RDS CALs will need to be added as a separate item and will not be included under the M365 umbrella. At least not
    right now.

Talk to your Microsoft, Sales VAR or related vendor and ask them the same question explicitly. My guess is that it will need to be added separately as ours had to be. They were not bundled. This seems to be true for now as of Oct 2018. Take that for what
    it's worth.

IT-Ken, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

how can i remove RDS per user cals which are unused?

1. how can i remove RDS per user cals which are unused? - Similar Threads - remove RDS per

2. RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019: Hi,I am trying for weeks now to figure out how can I get proper report.I have multiple Windows Server 2019 Per User CAL-s installed on my licensing server 2019.When I try to get report RD Licensing Manager to see available and issued licenses, I only received Installed but...
  3. RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019: Hi,I am trying for weeks now to figure out how can I get proper report.I have multiple Windows Server 2019 Per User CAL-s installed on my licensing server 2019.When I try to get report RD Licensing Manager to see available and issued licenses, I only received Installed but...
  4. RDS CAL License error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS CAL License error: Hello Guys i have installed Windows Remote desktop servicesterminal Sever in my windows server 2019.and i have purchased windows 50 user Cal license retail key one time was key activated successfully but i was deleted key now trying to again enter key but its getting error 1-...
  5. RDS CAL License error

RDS CAL License error: Hello Guys i have installed Windows Remote desktop servicesterminal Sever in my windows server 2019.and i have purchased windows 50 user Cal license retail key one time was key activated successfully but i was deleted key now trying to again enter key but its getting error 1-...
  6. RDS CALs Version question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS CALs Version question: Dear Microsoft,I used to have RDS CALs per device on my Windows Server 2008 R2 terminal server.Now I want to buy new ones and want them to be PER USER.When I contacted the seller in my country, he told me they only have:DG7GMGF0D7HX:0009Windows Server 2022 Remote Desktop...
  7. RDS CALs Version question

RDS CALs Version question: Dear Microsoft,I used to have RDS CALs per device on my Windows Server 2008 R2 terminal server.Now I want to buy new ones and want them to be PER USER.When I contacted the seller in my country, he told me they only have:DG7GMGF0D7HX:0009Windows Server 2022 Remote Desktop...
  8. RDS CALs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS CALs: I have Windows server 2019 RDS CALs User installed on our license server. I would like to know if I can use these 2019 RDS CALs with server 2016. Is it backward compatible? I can see that the 2016 server has picked up the license server successfully. Just wanted to know if...
  9. RDS CALs

RDS CALs: I have Windows server 2019 RDS CALs User installed on our license server. I would like to know if I can use these 2019 RDS CALs with server 2016. Is it backward compatible? I can see that the 2016 server has picked up the license server successfully. Just wanted to know if...
  10. One CAL per domain user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One CAL per domain user?: Hello there, I'd like to know if I need two separate User-CAL's, if I want to use one PC but with two different A/D accounts. The background is that my company wants to give every employee one account with admin rights and one account without. Additionally it would be great...