Windows 10: How can I remove some of the default Windows keyboard shortcuts?

Discus and support How can I remove some of the default Windows keyboard shortcuts? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There are many actions in windows, already bound to default shortcuts, that I will never use, for example:Wint+W - The worst one, opens the widget... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarcoPatrignani, Jan 26, 2023.

1. How can I remove some of the default Windows keyboard shortcuts?

There are many actions in windows, already bound to default shortcuts, that I will never use, for example:Wint+W - The worst one, opens the widget panel, that I wish I could uninstall from the OSWin+C - Open "Chat", I wonder who the hell uses itWin+T - Cycle through all the icons in the taskbarWin+D - Pop up the calendar Win+B - Focus the expand arrow of the taskbar tray icons menuWin+K - Cast, I use it once a year maybe and not on my desktop PCWin+Q / Win+S - Open the search menu, I dont' understand the difference between the two, I usually just press the win key aloneWin+. / Win+è - Op

:)

MarcoPatrignani, Jan 26, 2023

2. How to change the default keyboard layout shortcut.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that presently you may change the default keyboard layout by pressing
    Windows key + space and I would like to inform you that it is not possible to change the keyboard shortcut for the keyboard layout.

• If you would like to create shortcut for the applications, please follow the below steps:
    • Right click on the application and select properties.
    • Enter a key combination in the Shortcut key field. The combination must be CTRL + ALT + a letter / number.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Memsahib Win User
    Windows keyboard shortcuts

I have a list of win10 keyboard shortcuts but some do not do as suggested. For example : F2 doesn't allow me to change the name of the item - but F4 does. I got the list from Windows 10 website ; Keyboard shortcuts in Windows - Microsoft Support

Memsahib, Jan 26, 2023
  4. How can I remove some of the default Windows keyboard shortcuts?

How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

How can I remove some of the default Windows keyboard shortcuts?

1. How can I remove some of the default Windows keyboard shortcuts? - Similar Threads - remove default keyboard

2. How can I remove some of the default Windows keyboard shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove some of the default Windows keyboard shortcuts?: There are many actions in windows, already bound to default shortcuts, that I will never use, for example:Wint+W - The worst one, opens the widget panel, that I wish I could uninstall from the OSWin+C - Open "Chat", I wonder who the hell uses itWin+T - Cycle through all the...
  3. I can't remove a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove a keyboard shortcut: Years ago, I put the F11 key as the snipping tool shortcut back in Win7. And now I can't remove this keyboard shortcut. This is really annoying, someone can help me?...
  4. I can't remove a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remove a keyboard shortcut: Years ago, I put the F11 key as the snipping tool shortcut back in Win7. And now I can't remove this keyboard shortcut. This is really annoying, someone can help me?...
  5. I can't remove a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I remove the keyboard shortcuts for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the keyboard shortcuts for windows 10?: My laptop auto updated yesterday night and now all my F keys are shortcuts for the most useless functions. I can't adjust my volume, or even my brightness because all of the F keys now have useless shortcuts like switch focus to next pane F6 or open help F1. Even outside of...
  7. How do I remove the keyboard shortcuts for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove the keyboard shortcuts for windows 10?: My laptop auto updated yesterday night and now all my F keys are shortcuts for the most useless functions. I can't adjust my volume, or even my brightness because all of the F keys now have useless shortcuts like switch focus to next pane F6 or open help F1. Even outside of...
  8. How to Remove Keyboard Shortcut?

How to Remove Keyboard Shortcut?: I made a shortcut and gave is a "Shortcut Key" in this case: ctrl + alt + shift + S but then later deleted the shortcut without removing the "Shortcut Key". The shortcut still activates when I press the buttons in this case: ctrl + alt + shift + S, despite the fact that the...
  9. Changing keyboard default shortcuts

Changing keyboard default shortcuts: Hello everyone I am studying German at the moment, so would like to like change some of the keyboard shortcuts to make typing certain words easier. To explain what I mean: At the moment, if I push control + alt + a, for instance, I get á. I would like to change the...
  10. Some keyboard shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Some keyboard shortcuts not working: I have a new Windows 10 desktop machine & like to use keyboard shortcuts to launch programs & folders. Some of them work & some don't. Some work some of the time. I saw some old threads on this, & tried some of their suggestions, like disabling Services/Superfetch & some...