Windows 10: How can I remove something from OneDrive without deleting it on my computer?

Discus and support How can I remove something from OneDrive without deleting it on my computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It’s seriously frustrating. I have a folder on my local computer with a few files that are too big to sync, but OneDrive tries anyways. If I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dontlikemath, Aug 27, 2020.

1. How can I remove something from OneDrive without deleting it on my computer?

It’s seriously frustrating. I have a folder on my local computer with a few files that are too big to sync, but OneDrive tries anyways.

If I try to exclude the folder from syncing I get an error because the files aren’t synced yet. Of course they aren’t.

I’ve read that I can move the files to a folder that isn’t included in OneDrive. But how do i get a folder like that? I tried creating a new folder and excluded it from syncing, but then the folder just disappeared from my computer. That’s the exact opposite of what I want.

Many people apparently have the same question but i couldn’t find a real answer anywhere.

submitted by /u/dontlikemath
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dontlikemath, Aug 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Freezer Win User

How can I remove something from OneDrive without deleting it on my computer?

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

How can I remove something from OneDrive without deleting it on my computer?

1. How can I remove something from OneDrive without deleting it on my computer? - Similar Threads - remove something OneDrive

2. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?: I've recently left the company I was working for, and no longer have access to my company OneDrive account. I was working from home after the pandemic, so I had sync'd one of our primary project folders to my home PC. It's over 300GB. Now that I'm no longer working for the...
  3. If I delete something from onedrive, will it stay on my phone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If I delete something from onedrive, will it stay on my phone?: Hello! I turned on sync with Onedrive and my Samsung phone, but now my onedrive is full and I don't want to pay to upgrade storage. I just want to make sure that if I remove the connection from Samsung and Onedrive and delete the photos from Onedrive they will stay on the...
  4. If I delete something from onedrive, will it stay on my phone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I delete something from onedrive, will it stay on my phone?: Hello! I turned on sync with Onedrive and my Samsung phone, but now my onedrive is full and I don't want to pay to upgrade storage. I just want to make sure that if I remove the connection from Samsung and Onedrive and delete the photos from Onedrive they will stay on the...
  5. If I delete something from onedrive, will it stay on my phone?

6. How can I delete icloud from my computer without losing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete icloud from my computer without losing files: I had some pretty heavy files on my computer and for the sake of keeping them on somewhere where I could get them on other devices once I changed my main pc i uploaded these files to icloud drive using the icloud app. But now icloud’s basically drained up my pc’s storage and...
  7. How can I delete icloud from my computer without losing files

How can I delete icloud from my computer without losing files: I had some pretty heavy files on my computer and for the sake of keeping them on somewhere where I could get them on other devices once I changed my main pc i uploaded these files to icloud drive using the icloud app. But now icloud’s basically drained up my pc’s storage and...
  8. How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it: Hello,I have a 4GB Virtual Machines folder in my Documents folder, and OneDrive is complaining and sending notifications every 10 minutes.I read on the support articles on how to remove a folder from sync, but all that does is delete the folder from my computer and keep it in...
  9. How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it

How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it: Hello,I have a 4GB Virtual Machines folder in my Documents folder, and OneDrive is complaining and sending notifications every 10 minutes.I read on the support articles on how to remove a folder from sync, but all that does is delete the folder from my computer and keep it in...
  10. How do I remove a file from Onedrive without deleting it from my pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove a file from Onedrive without deleting it from my pc?: As per the title. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-file-from-onedrive-without/f30b94e1-5703-4048-92b9-1892460dfeb9