Windows 10: How can I remove the current Windows Pro version and reinstall the previous version?

Discus and support How can I remove the current Windows Pro version and reinstall the previous version? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! I recently had a system crash and a 'friend' helped me reinstall windows on my computer. They found a windows product key online for Windows Pro... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LisaCrowe, Aug 15, 2019.

1. LisaCrowe Win User

How can I remove the current Windows Pro version and reinstall the previous version?

Hello! I recently had a system crash and a 'friend' helped me reinstall windows on my computer. They found a windows product key online for Windows Pro because we couldn't find my original product key. Long story short that worked until now and I am getting the error message "We can't activate Windows on this device as we cant connect to your organizations activation server. Make sure you're connected to your organizations network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organizations support person. Error code 0x8007232B."

When I purchased my computer the windows 8 was already pre installed.

I have since found my original product key by following the steps on your support site and wish to remove this version and reinstall windows 10 Home if possible. if so, how? I have tried going through recovery and refresh steps and it just takes me back to the same version.

When I go to change product key I get error message "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0x004f210)"

No changes have been made to my hard drive when the system crashed. Any help you can provide would be very helpful! -Thank you!

:)

LisaCrowe, Aug 15, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User

3DMARK05 no install (remove previous version)

Just like the title says .I couldnt remove old install with add remove so I removed all folders and registry entries for 3DMARK05 but still same error remove previous version then the app stops the install . Big Time Bummer*Bang Head :banghead:

DRDNA, Aug 15, 2019
  3. erase previous version of windows to create space

Perform the steps to delete previous version of windows :-

• In the search box on the taskbar, type settings, then choose it from the list of results.

• Select System > Storage > This PC and then scroll down the list and choose Temporary file
    • Under Remove temporary files, select the Previous version of Windows check box and then choose Remove files.

Sanghati Barman, Aug 15, 2019
  4. alpha45 Win User

How can I remove the current Windows Pro version and reinstall the previous version?

Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows

Do you know if it is possible to downgrade from v 1809 and reinstall the previous version (V1803) starting from the iso file, keeping my applications and documents, having cleaned the disk and removed the previous version?

Thank you

alpha45, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I remove the current Windows Pro version and reinstall the previous version? - Similar Threads - remove current Pro

2. How can I retrieve my previous purchased version of Windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I retrieve my previous purchased version of Windows 11 pro: I purchased an upgrade to Windows 11 Pro back in January, order number 7169300027, and my PC was replaced by Microsoft last week for a deficit. But the replacement PC came equipped with a Windows 11 home edition OS and required a product Key to upgrade to the Pro OS. So, I...
  3. How can I retrieve my previous purchased version of Windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I retrieve my previous purchased version of Windows 11 pro: I purchased an upgrade to Windows 11 Pro back in January, order number 7169300027, and my PC was replaced by Microsoft last week for a deficit. But the replacement PC came equipped with a Windows 11 home edition OS and required a product Key to upgrade to the Pro OS. So, I...
  4. Cannot remove previous versions of windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot remove previous versions of windows: Hello there, I recently reset my PC. After a few hours I realized the Windows.old folder was taking up a lot of space on my hard drive I tried go to settings>storage>temporary files and the option for "Previous versions of Windows" does not appear Then I tried to delete...
  5. Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows: Do you know if it is possible to downgrade from v 1809 and reinstall the previous version (V1803) starting from the iso file, keeping my applications and documents, having cleaned the disk and removed the previous version? Thank you 122641
  6. Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows: Do you know if it is possible to downgrade from v 1809 and reinstall the previous version (V1803) starting from the iso file, keeping my applications and documents, having cleaned the disk and removed the previous version? Thank you 122641
  7. Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows

in Windows 10 News
  8. Previous versions of Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Previous versions of Windows 10 pro: Hello Dear Sir / Madam, I have a Windows 10 Pro license and I want to download it all windows 10 pro older versions such as: 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803 Thank you! IM waiting for a message! A great day!...
  9. How can I return to the previous version of Windows 10?

How can I return to the previous version of Windows 10?: How can I return to the previous version of Windows 10 if I can not recovery/restore to the date before I got the updates and I can not use "Go back to the previous Windows 10" feature anymore (It is definitely a very bad idea to give user just 10 days an opportunity to go...
  10. Unable to remove previous versions of windows

Unable to remove previous versions of windows: My laptop was upgraded to Windows 10 around a year back and for the most part has been behaving itself - except for one occasion when a restore was needed to get things working again. This resulted in 2 folders on the C: drive: Windows.old and Windows.old(1). I have tried to...