Windows 10: How can I remove the extra English language that I have?

Discus and support How can I remove the extra English language that I have? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello There,For some unknown reason, I do have English twice as a keyboard layout language:1. English United States US2. English United Kingdom USBoth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MusaQuttaineh, Dec 3, 2022.

1. How can I remove the extra English language that I have?

Hello There,For some unknown reason, I do have English twice as a keyboard layout language:1. English United States US2. English United Kingdom USBoth languages provide US outputs ! I've tried installing the English UK language pack & then deleted it, but that didn't work out, installing the English UK language pack gave me a 3rd language input which is English United Kingdom UK.How do I get rid of the English United Kingdom US option? Thanks in advance.

:)

MusaQuttaineh, Dec 3, 2022

2. Can't remove extra language in language bar

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre for Directly, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

Andre Da Costa, Dec 3, 2022
  4. How can I remove the extra English language that I have?

how to remove English(Malaysia)?

Get-WinUserLanguageList

Andre Da Costa, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

How can I remove the extra English language that I have?

1. How can I remove the extra English language that I have? - Similar Threads - remove extra English

2. Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".: Hi,My language setting looks as following:why I have the English UK, in the "Windows display language" list while it's not one of the language packs below?And how can I remove it?Thanks!...
  3. Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".: Hi,My language setting looks as following:why I have the English UK, in the "Windows display language" list while it's not one of the language packs below?And how can I remove it?Thanks!...
  4. How can I remove the extra English language that I have?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the extra English language that I have?: Hello There,For some unknown reason, I do have English twice as a keyboard layout language:1. English United States US2. English United Kingdom USBoth languages provide US outputs ! I've tried installing the English UK language pack & then deleted it, but that didn't work...
  5. why do I have extra languages?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I have extra languages?: I deleted them, but they sometimes appear after restarting my laptop, I can't delete them because I don't have them in my languages list, so I need to restart my laptop again for them to disappear*** moved to english Community ***...
  6. why do I have extra languages?

why do I have extra languages?: I deleted them, but they sometimes appear after restarting my laptop, I can't delete them because I don't have them in my languages list, so I need to restart my laptop again for them to disappear*** moved to english Community ***...
  7. Can I change the display language of windows 10 to english? I have downloaded the English...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change the display language of windows 10 to english? I have downloaded the English...: I purchased an HP laptop in China where the Windows license version is Windows 10 . How can I change the display language to english? I have downloaded the English language pack as one of my "Preferred langauges", but I still don't get English as a dropdown option for the...
  8. Can I change the display language of windows 10 to english? I have downloaded the English...

Can I change the display language of windows 10 to english? I have downloaded the English...: I purchased an HP laptop in China where the Windows license version is Windows 10 . How can I change the display language to english? I have downloaded the English language pack as one of my "Preferred langauges", but I still don't get English as a dropdown option for the...
  9. How do I remove these extra language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove these extra language: I try to remove it on preferred languages but it still show in my language bar so that my problem how to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-extra-language/b1595ea2-70be-4239-b1a7-7958e768f0c2
  10. How to Remove Extra Languages?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove Extra Languages?: So I had these language packages that were installed by mistake, and after deleting 'em they still pop up and work as usual for the keyboard. I can't find a way to delete or turn them off. Please, help. [ATTACH][ATTACH] EDIT: I found solution myself, gonna leave...