Windows 10: How can I remove the final instance of Backup (Windows 7) files?

Discus and support How can I remove the final instance of Backup (Windows 7) files? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Manage space only allows me to remove all but the last instance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thewamp, Aug 11, 2018.

1. thewamp Win User

How can I remove the final instance of Backup (Windows 7) files?

Manage space only allows me to remove all but the last instance.

:)

thewamp, Aug 11, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, Aug 11, 2018
  4. How can I remove the final instance of Backup (Windows 7) files?

Reliable backup software for Windows 7?

I am looking for a good backup program for Windows 7 Pro (64 bit). I recently upgraded from Windows XP Pro SP3. On that OS, I used HP SimpleSave software for my backups. HP SimpleSave did one full backup the first time I installed it, and after that, it would backup changed files every time my computer was idle for 5 minutes. And as this article notes, "The backup is simply the duplicate of the original files, making restoring very fast and easy." I liked HP SimpleSave's simplicity.

I doubt that HP SimpleSave is natively compatible with Windows 7 -- and even if it is, I'm not even sure where to get it (except from the original external hard drive).

Do you know of good, reliable backup software for Windows 7? I'm particularly looking for software that will backup modified files every time my computer is idle for a certain length of time. Sort of a pseudo-continuous incremental backup or a pseudo-continuous file synchronization, I guess.

I'm looking to backup my personal data files, not the Windows installation. I'd like to be able to specify the particular drives/partitions/directories where those personal data files reside.

Thanks so much for your time.

classic35mm, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

How can I remove the final instance of Backup (Windows 7) files?

1. How can I remove the final instance of Backup (Windows 7) files? - Similar Threads - remove final instance

2. How can I backup my system and files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I backup my system and files ?: I'm got a new Windows 11 computer.So,I need to backup my Windows 10 system and files. But I CANNOT find any backup tools in my Windows 10 Settings .There is a backup tool in the control panel,but it only for Windows 7.It DON'T work on Windows 11 and 10. I HOPE Microsoft will...
  3. How can I backup my system and files ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I backup my system and files ?: I'm got a new Windows 11 computer.So,I need to backup my Windows 10 system and files. But I CANNOT find any backup tools in my Windows 10 Settings .There is a backup tool in the control panel,but it only for Windows 7.It DON'T work on Windows 11 and 10. I HOPE Microsoft will...
  4. How can I backup my system and files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File Explorer: removing one drive instances

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: removing one drive instances: I have 4 instances of Onedrive. 2 are my personal accounts and 2 are from a company I no longer work for and want to delete them from file explorer.i have delinked them and I have removed them from my C drive user folder - I really want to delete them from my computer file...
  6. How to remove backup timestamp from the files

How to remove backup timestamp from the files: Have windows 10 Ver 1204 How can I remove in bulk the time stamp YYYY_MM_DD_HH_MM UTC from multiple files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-backup-timestamp-from-the-files/9e86dc61-de30-4d87-814c-c6afd31659e9
  7. How can I restore a Windows 7 backup to a computer with different hardware?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I restore a Windows 7 backup to a computer with different hardware?: I had to have my Surface Pro 4 replaced due a faulty battery. I used the Windows 7 Backup & Restore to backup my computer to an external hard drive. When I went to the Microsoft Store, they exchanged it for a Surface Pro 5 with a better CPU instead! That was pretty cool -...
  8. How can I backup my Windows 10 files?

How can I backup my Windows 10 files?: Hi, How can I backup my Windows 10 files? There seems to be something to backup files to the cloud. Please advise. Also, is it better to backup using Windows 10 or using an external backup drive like MyPassport by Western Digital? Thanks, Joe...
  9. Can Windows 7 Backup and File History Co-exist?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can Windows 7 Backup and File History Co-exist?: Are Windows 7 Backup/Restore and File History intended to coexist or are they mutually exclusive? 125466
  10. How can I delete Windows Backup/SPPMetadataCache files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I delete Windows Backup/SPPMetadataCache files: Hi, I built my PC back in 2014 and upgraded from Windows 7 to 8 and I'm currently on Windows 10. About 3 months ago, I used the option in Windows 10 to refresh my PC. All is fine but after using Wiztree I noticed that Windows has remembered every System Image Backup I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 upgrade