Windows 10: How Can I Remove the Play Controls from the Volume OSD?

Discus and support How Can I Remove the Play Controls from the Volume OSD? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I change the volume play controls also pop up. They are rather large and obtrusive, so I would like to disable it. It only starting doing this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StevenBalliet, Jun 25, 2019.

1. How Can I Remove the Play Controls from the Volume OSD?

When I change the volume play controls also pop up. They are rather large and obtrusive, so I would like to disable it. It only starting doing this recently(I think a cat on the keyboard changed a setting), previously only the volume showed up. I couldn't find anything for it in the sound or display settings.

How Can I Remove the Play Controls from the Volume OSD? b0012333-d502-453b-83d0-3e7fec9232fe?upload=true.png

:)

StevenBalliet, Jun 25, 2019

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Jun 25, 2019
  3. [Windows 10] Airplane mode OSD won't show up after reboot

I have a notebook has a Airplane mode hot key (Fn++F2). It works fine on Windows 8/8.1: when the key pressed, there is a Airplane mode on/off OSD show up at top-left corner and Wi-Fi/Bluetooth are turned
    off accordingly.

On Windows 10, however, OSD won't show up until I press other keys like Volume Up, Down or Mute, after that, the Airplane mode OSD works just fine. (Airplane mode function always work, the problem is no
    OSD)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Reboot system

2. Press Airplane mode hot key (problem: no OSD)

3. Press Volume up hot key (volume OSD show up at top-left corner)

4. Press Airplane mode hot key again (Airplane mode OSD shows up)

Follow above steps, you can 100% reproduce the problem.

- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10240 (other insider preview has same problem)

Sam Tsai (I3D), Jun 25, 2019
  4. How Can I Remove the Play Controls from the Volume OSD?

How to disable/configure volume OSD/overlay that pops up when volume is adjusted?

Try this app "3RVX", search it on the web, download and install to your windows 10, it's free.

Set hot keys, set your keyboard volume up key as "Increase volume" action; set your keyboard volume down key as "Decrease volume" action; set your keyboard mute key as "Mute" action, then, the "3RVX" will replace the volume OSD of windows 10.

You can change the skin, position, etc. of volume OSD, even hide it. Try it yourself.

Thanks to the author Matthew Malensek, this app solved my problem, too.

BrianChen027, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

How Can I Remove the Play Controls from the Volume OSD?

1. How Can I Remove the Play Controls from the Volume OSD? - Similar Threads - Remove Play Controls

2. Volume OSD not displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume OSD not displaying: Whenever I'm playing something on another tab music on youtube for example and i use the keyboard to control the sound the volume OSD does not show up properly. It used to show what's playing, the sound, and the option to skip/rewind. Now it just shows me the volume on the...
  3. Volume OSD not displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume OSD not displaying: Whenever I'm playing something on another tab music on youtube for example and i use the keyboard to control the sound the volume OSD does not show up properly. It used to show what's playing, the sound, and the option to skip/rewind. Now it just shows me the volume on the...
  4. Volume OSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume OSD: Hi! Unlike most of the users, I love to see spotify music pop up next to my windows volume OSD but even though I activated it from spotify settings it doesn't show up. I would love to fix this issue if possible. Thanks in advance. Peace Out...
  5. Volume OSD randomly disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume OSD randomly disappearing: My volume OSD randomly disappears and when it disappears it will not appear again until I restart my PC. submitted by /u/mizausuki [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7yzya/volume_osd_randomly_disappearing/
  6. How to remove audio source that appears next to volume OSD in Windows 10?

How to remove audio source that appears next to volume OSD in Windows 10?: Previously it only showed the volume bar which is helpful. Now it also shows the source, and it takes up a huge chunk of the screen which is very distracting. submitted by /u/Zilka [link] [comments]...
  7. Volume OSD

Volume OSD: I have headphones without hardware volume control, so i mapped volume controls to my mouse (roccat kova) and when i change volume controls in game i get huge fps drops. Any ideas? I tried hidevolumeosd but it didnt solved the problem. submitted by /u/Korothi [link]...
  8. My volume OSD is gone

My volume OSD is gone: Does anyone know how to get it back? submitted by /u/greenthe054 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eziay4/my_volume_osd_is_gone/
  9. 1909 Volume OSD

1909 Volume OSD: So i have volume controller on mouse/keyboard and when i use it i have huge fps drops in games. I tried with hidevolumeosd but that did not fix it. Any ideas? Is there a way to disable it? @Edit i disabled Game mode in windows settings and have small improvement? submitted...
  10. How can I disabled the sound OSD?

How can I disabled the sound OSD?: This: https://i.imgur.com/iGpncP0.png I want to COMPLETELY disable it. I never want to see this frustratingly annoying piece of crap any more. Does anyone know how? I've googled around and I can see how people are disabling it for Chrome itself. But I don't ever want to see...