Windows 10: How can I remove the " Work: " text that automatically appears in my search box??

Discus and support How can I remove the " Work: " text that automatically appears in my search box?? in Cortana to solve the problem; This started happening a few weeks ago. I'm now very annoyed with it and would like it gone, forever. Every time I open the search box, the text Work:... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Martin D'Aoust, Mar 27, 2023.

1. How can I remove the " Work: " text that automatically appears in my search box??

This started happening a few weeks ago. I'm now very annoyed with it and would like it gone, forever. Every time I open the search box, the text Work: appears in search box. I order for the search to function as it normally does, one needs to manually erase the Work: that's already in there.I know some of you might be thinking "Why don't you just erase it and go about your day?", but I just want it gone. This search has been working great for years and allows for quick searches. None of it works with that stupid text in the way...Does anyone know how to remove this?

:)

Martin D'Aoust, Mar 27, 2023
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Firefox Search Box Text

In previous versions of Firefox, I was able to find the option to disable the browser from showing previously entered text into a search or text box. For example, the User Name box on this forum, I type "O" and OrbitzXT pops up. Other text in other search boxes has been popping up as well. I am using Firefox 3.6, I've tried clearing histories and such and it still remembers text in the boxes. Any ideas how to disable this? I don't see any such option in Tools -> Options.

OrbitzXT, Mar 27, 2023
  3. FrankPP Win User
    W10 search box shows suggestions - cannot be removed

Hello,
    after the latest Windows 10 update (from 20H2 to 21H2) the suggestions list in the Windows 10 search bothers me.
    Attached are 2 pictures of how it looks after and before the update.
    Is there any way to remove them? I already tried it with W10 Privacy, but without success.
    These are not app suggestions that can be disabled. The problem has occurred since the latest update, so it shouldn't be too familiar. One is before and one is after the update ("Vorschläge" means suggestions):

How can I remove the " Work: " text that automatically appears in my search box?? 364588d1650106197t-w10-search-box-shows-suggestions-cannot-removed-vorher.jpg

How can I remove the " Work: " text that automatically appears in my search box?? 364589d1650106204t-w10-search-box-shows-suggestions-cannot-removed-nachher.jpg

FrankPP, Mar 27, 2023
  4. Lance1 Win User

How can I remove the " Work: " text that automatically appears in my search box??

Text box appears over File Explorer while scrolling long lists

I agree with Hearsepilot So here's a pic of how to do what was suggested.

How can I remove the " Work: " text that automatically appears in my search box?? 380909d1670695376t-text-box-appears-over-file-explorer-while-scrolling-long-lists-1.png

Lance1, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

How can I remove the " Work: " text that automatically appears in my search box??

1. How can I remove the " Work: " text that automatically appears in my search box?? - Similar Threads - remove text automatically

2. How can I remove the illustration on Win10's search box?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the illustration on Win10's search box?: How can I remove the illustration on Win10"s search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-illustration-on-win10s-search/081c2c92-f42d-4c82-8e7a-36c82b3a9a0f
  3. How can I remove the illustration on Win10's search box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the illustration on Win10's search box?: How can I remove the illustration on Win10"s search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-illustration-on-win10s-search/081c2c92-f42d-4c82-8e7a-36c82b3a9a0f
  4. How can I remove the " Work: " text that automatically appears in my search box??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the " Work: " text that automatically appears in my search box??: This started happening a few weeks ago. I'm now very annoyed with it and would like it gone, forever. Every time I open the search box, the text Work: appears in search box. I order for the search to function as it normally does, one needs to manually erase the Work: that's...
  5. How can I remove the " Work: " text that automatically appears in my search box??

How can I remove the " Work: " text that automatically appears in my search box??: This started happening a few weeks ago. I'm now very annoyed with it and would like it gone, forever. Every time I open the search box, the text Work: appears in search box. I order for the search to function as it normally does, one needs to manually erase the Work: that's...
  6. Text in the Search Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text in the Search Box: Hey guys,Does anyone knows how I can remove this "Search" text from the search bar? Google wasn't helpful enough so I decided to shoot in here.I just want the magnifying glass like it used to be before this latest Windows 11 update. :Thanks....
  7. Text in the Search Box

Text in the Search Box: Hey guys,Does anyone knows how I can remove this "Search" text from the search bar? Google wasn't helpful enough so I decided to shoot in here.I just want the magnifying glass like it used to be before this latest Windows 11 update. :Thanks....
  8. keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.: Hi all Iam using windows 10 os in my hp laptop,Suddenly from today Iam not able to enter my password for connecting to my wifi. My keyboard is working fine and i have checked it in notepad. This is also happening for the windows search box...
  9. keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.

keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.: Hi all Iam using windows 10 os in my hp laptop,Suddenly from today Iam not able to enter my password for connecting to my wifi. My keyboard is working fine and i have checked it in notepad. This is also happening for the windows search box...
  10. keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging