Windows 10: How can I remove this desktop icon border? (If I select an icon and the click on the...

Discus and support How can I remove this desktop icon border? (If I select an icon and the click on the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arandomcuntguy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/arandomcuntguy, Mar 14, 2021.

1. How can I remove this desktop icon border? (If I select an icon and the click on the...

/u/arandomcuntguy, Mar 14, 2021
  2. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Error 404 Win User
    Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown How can I remove this desktop icon border? (If I select an icon and the click on the... :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Mar 14, 2021
  4. How can I remove this desktop icon border? (If I select an icon and the click on the...

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

How can I remove this desktop icon border? (If I select an icon and the click on the...

1. How can I remove this desktop icon border? (If I select an icon and the click on the... - Similar Threads - remove desktop icon

2. Help! How can i resize this border thing around the desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! How can i resize this border thing around the desktop icons?: This white border appeared larger when i turn on my laptop, i don't know why i haven't anything in the past that would change the white border thing around the desktop icons. Can this be resized in any way?...
  3. Help! How can i resize this border thing around the desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! How can i resize this border thing around the desktop icons?: This white border appeared larger when i turn on my laptop, i don't know why i haven't anything in the past that would change the white border thing around the desktop icons. Can this be resized in any way?...
  4. how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved: Icon on desktop can not be removed or moved . i want to delete it and I can not do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-icon-on-desktop-that-can-not-be/9568290b-65d7-41e3-9c95-05604cf6797d
  5. how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved: Icon on desktop can not be removed or moved . i want to delete it and I can not do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-icon-on-desktop-that-can-not-be/9568290b-65d7-41e3-9c95-05604cf6797d
  6. How can I remove the border around the Xbox Game Pass icons on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove the border around the Xbox Game Pass icons on my desktop?: I like to keep my games on my desktop to remind myself that I sometimes have to stop to work and play something for a change. But now I notice that the game icons I downloaded via the Xbox Gamepass app have a weird border around them. I tried changing the size of the icons,...
  7. Problem with desktop icon borders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with desktop icon borders: [ATTACH] When I select an app on my desktop then click somewhere else, a border with a dotted line appears around the app. Can somone help me fix this please. Thank you...
  8. White border on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    White border on desktop icons: [img] Apologies if this topic has been discussed -- can't find it in Search. How can I get rid of the border? 124992
  9. Can I draw a border around a group of icons on my desktop?

Can I draw a border around a group of icons on my desktop?: I want to set of a group of icons by having a border around them or make their background a different color. Can I do that? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-draw-a-border-around-a-group-of-icons-on-my/bd2532fd-44f0-446b-8cf8-60e80b66f465
  10. White Lined Border around Desktop Icon after I click on it

White Lined Border around Desktop Icon after I click on it: Hi! I am using "Windows 10 Pro", and I have this issue for a long time: When I am on the Desktop I see all the icons like this: [ATTACH] Than I clink on an Icon, so I highlight that, it's OK: [ATTACH] Than I sideclick on the Desktop to unmark the icons, and that white...