Windows 10: How can I remove visited websites list from the address bar

Discus and support How can I remove visited websites list from the address bar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Help to remove the drop down list of the websites on IE 11 that I have recently visited. Every time when I try to enter a new search address, I receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by luigigiffoni, Nov 25, 2018.

1. How can I remove visited websites list from the address bar

Help to remove the drop down list of the websites on IE 11 that I have recently visited. Every time when I try to enter a new search address, I receive this list which irritates me a lot.

:)

luigigiffoni, Nov 25, 2018

2. delete address bar history

* Merged *

Have tried all Windows suggestions but still cannot eliminate drop down listed of visited sites from address bar

klaro 1590, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge Address Bar

Hi Zach,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to open actual address of websites with short forms as you wish:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions(...) at the right top corner.
    • Click on View advanced settings, under Search in the address bar with
      click on down arrow.
    • Choose <add new>, try to add the default website.
    Secondly, as opening pages in new tab is set by design, I suggest you to provide this as a feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2018
  4. How can I remove visited websites list from the address bar

delete address bar history

-

Please do not ask this again as a new question.

You cannot completely "turn off" the Address Bar drop-down list.

This is the best you can do.

1. Internet Options> Content> AutoComplete> Settings, uncheck Address Bar

2. Access websites from File> Open or Ctrl+o. Don't type URLs into the Address Bar

3. Create an InPrivate shortcut to IE and always use that shortcut to open IE.

Create the shortcut to IE and use this as the Target...

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -private

4. Internet Options> Browsing History> check Delete browsing history on exit. Go to Settings and verify that History is checked and Preserve favorites website data is unchecked.

Don

Don Varnau, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

How can I remove visited websites list from the address bar

1. How can I remove visited websites list from the address bar - Similar Threads - remove visited websites

2. Slow when visiting websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow when visiting websites: HiNo extensions why my old dell 755 takes 5 min to open a website cleared history.Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES[Original Title: slow] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-when-visiting-websites/05c45125-ee6c-4a5c-95a8-65a34a6b83bc
  3. How do I remove the "Start backup" from the address bar of explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the "Start backup" from the address bar of explorer?: How do I remove the "Start backup" from the address bar of explorer? I don't want OneDrive to automatically backup my files, I will manually select which files I want to copy to my OneDrive.Thanks!...
  4. How do I remove the "Start backup" from the address bar of explorer?

How do I remove the "Start backup" from the address bar of explorer?: How do I remove the "Start backup" from the address bar of explorer? I don't want OneDrive to automatically backup my files, I will manually select which files I want to copy to my OneDrive.Thanks!...
  5. Visit to a website was prevented

Visit to a website was prevented: Help me please, this is from my rundll32.exe"Application name: rundll32.exeApplication path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64 Component: Safe Browsing Result description:Malicious link Name: https://files.nflxso.ca/downloads/winapp/latest-installer.exe Precision: Exactly Threat level:...
  6. Visit to a website was prevented

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visit to a website was prevented: Help me please, this is from my rundll32.exe"Application name: rundll32.exeApplication path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64 Component: Safe Browsing Result description:Malicious link Name: https://files.nflxso.ca/downloads/winapp/latest-installer.exe Precision: Exactly Threat level:...
  7. How i can remove this bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How i can remove this bar: Hi guys can anyone please let me know how I can remove this bar from my file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-remove-this-bar/377ddfa3-9c4f-4e22-b889-1c5258910274
  8. how can i remove something from threat list i already removed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i remove something from threat list i already removed: i had a bitcoin mining app, and i uninstalled it, but the plugins were detected as miners, after i did everything i could, 2 more things are still there the appa plugin and the app itself, i removed the app, but it says its still there, malwarebytes doesnt detect it, because...
  9. How to search any website directly from the Chrome or Edge Address Bar

in Windows 10 News
    How to search any website directly from the Chrome or Edge Address Bar: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can create a Custom Search Engine for any website and search it via Chrome or Edge browser’s address bar by following the procedure laid down in this post. As an example, we will talk of Google Drive as many [...] This post How to search any website...
  10. how do i remove the address bar in the windows task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i remove the address bar in the windows task bar: The address box just showed up and I don't care to have it. It is the address box on the bottom right of the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-address-bar-in-the-windows/d816f1d0-e0d7-4d41-93ee-f35c837d39f8