Windows 10: How can I remove Work account from Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support How can I remove Work account from Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In my PC I have used Onedrive with Microsoft work account. Now, this company has DELETED this work account and I would like to remove it also from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Peeter Rumessen, Dec 7, 2018.

1. How can I remove Work account from Windows 10 Pro?

In my PC I have used Onedrive with Microsoft work account.

Now, this company has DELETED this work account and I would like to remove it also from my PC.

It shows under menu

Email & app accounts, menu Accounts used by other apps

pr***@rebe***.com and the ONLY button available is MANAGE

There is also another personal account pr***@hot***.com which shows me both buttons MANAGE & REMOVE

So how can I remove this first, WORK account? After pressing MANAGE, it just asks me to login to account which is already deleted from Microsoft accounts, so this is not a way to remove.

Windows just keeps reminding me that I have account problem, but i am unable to remove it.

Please help

:)

Peeter Rumessen, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

How can I remove Work account from Windows 10 Pro?

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How can I remove Work account from Windows 10 Pro? :(

Zakin, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

How can I remove Work account from Windows 10 Pro?

1. How can I remove Work account from Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - remove account Pro

2. How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?: I am not able to remove this account and every time I boot up my computer it sends me to the bios recovery mode. I want this account gone. It is my work account on my personal computer....
  3. How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?: I am not able to remove this account and every time I boot up my computer it sends me to the bios recovery mode. I want this account gone. It is my work account on my personal computer....
  4. How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?: Split from this thread. Hi EmilyCould you please help me with a similar situation? There are 20 Lenovo all-in-one computers with Windows 11 Home Edition. It is needed to upgrade them to Windows 11 Pro in order to join the local domain controller. How is it possible to...
  5. How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?

How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?: Split from this thread. Hi EmilyCould you please help me with a similar situation? There are 20 Lenovo all-in-one computers with Windows 11 Home Edition. It is needed to upgrade them to Windows 11 Pro in order to join the local domain controller. How is it possible to...
  6. How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?: I recently purchased a new laptop for my business and realized once received that it had Windows 11 Home instead of "Pro", so I wasn't able to login using my work email account.I ended up logging in with my personal account and upgraded to Windows 11 Pro - however I am...
  7. How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?

How can I transfer a Windows 11 Pro upgrade from personal account to work account?: I recently purchased a new laptop for my business and realized once received that it had Windows 11 Home instead of "Pro", so I wasn't able to login using my work email account.I ended up logging in with my personal account and upgraded to Windows 11 Pro - however I am...
  8. How can I remove a Microsoft Account from Window 10 if I can no longer log into that account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove a Microsoft Account from Window 10 if I can no longer log into that account: Hi there I added my previous employment's email account to my "accounts used by other apps" in Win10. As I no longer work there, that account is now locked. I can't remove it as when I click manage, it prompts me for that account's credentials. Obviously, I can't use...
  9. How do I remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft Account?: My HP Laptop came with Windows 10 Home and I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. As soon as I upgraded, my Audio stopped working properly. It cuts out after 2 seconds. So, I reset the computer to reinstall Windows 10 Home, but my Microsoft Account installed Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Can I remove computers upgraded to WIndows 10 Pro from my account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I remove computers upgraded to WIndows 10 Pro from my account?: Hi, I've set up a computer for another person and upgraded to Windows 10 pro within my account. Once the upgrade is complete the computer has been wiped and then signed in with the O365 user to use 10 Pro. Can I remove this computer from my account or will it remove the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove work account windows 10

2. remove work account from windows 10

3. how to remove a work account from windows 10

4. how to disconnect a workaccount from windows 10,
  5. windows remove work account,
  6. how to delete work account in windows10pro,
  7. windows 10 remove work account