Windows 10: How Can I Rename Tagged Faces in the Windows 10 Photos App?

Discus and support How Can I Rename Tagged Faces in the Windows 10 Photos App? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using the Photos app in Windows 10 to organize my pictures. Normally it does a good job with grouping faces together, but it tends to group... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SteveFox4, Feb 7, 2020.

1. SteveFox4 Win User

How Can I Rename Tagged Faces in the Windows 10 Photos App?

Hello, I'm using the Photos app in Windows 10 to organize my pictures. Normally it does a good job with grouping faces together, but it tends to group all pictures of babies as one person. My newest nephew is being tagged with faces of other people that aren't him. Is there a way to change the name of tagged faces for individual pictures? I don't want to remove the face tags on the other photos since they're important to me as well.

:)

SteveFox4, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Greedo Win User

Windows Photos App face tagging

The Windows 10 Photos App automatically tags faces in photos. It puts the results of these efforts in the People tab:

How Can I Rename Tagged Faces in the Windows 10 Photos App? 91otg.png

Recently I imported 50 or so photos and when I checked a day later about half of them were tagged. Since then I imported a few thousand more, yet the face tagging has not updated at all, it just seems to have given up.

Is there any way to prompt the app to tag a few more photos, or anything I can do to encourage it?

NB I've seen various places where I'm told to turn on the appropriate setting, but it's been on all this time

How Can I Rename Tagged Faces in the Windows 10 Photos App? iesx2.png

Specs:

Microsoft Photos: 2018.18051.17710.0

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Greedo, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Tagging people in photos

This is all well and good and that does work, but once you go through the suggested photos and name them there are some that are miss recognized. So I deleted the tag but it does not add the face back to any list to rename it.

How does any new photo being added, scanned and give me the ability to tag it? I don't find any option to have the photo program rescan.

Need some help.

Thanks,

Pat

Patrick Kelly_az, Feb 7, 2020
  4. How Can I Rename Tagged Faces in the Windows 10 Photos App?

Windows Photo - will it be updated to allow tagging faces?

I downloaded Photos today because it claimed to tag faces, but I find it works in only the most rudimentary way and from reading other forums in the community, it seems like I'm not missing some important how-to that could be user-error. I find that:

• the people tab does sort by people and lets me name groups and combine groups under the same name tag
    • it only tags one person per photograph
    • it doesn't allow me to tag additional people (eg by putting a box around a face and naming it)
    • it doesn't allow me to rename or refile mis-tagged images (has photos of my brothers under my sister's group)
    My question before I invest any further time into exploring what promised to be a helpful, time-saving tagging process, is:

Will this app be further developed to include options for tagging more than one person per photo and correcting incorrectly tagged photos? I have thousands of genealogical family photos, not to mention my own family collection and if this isn't going to
    work, I'll just uninstall and continue using my other software.

LynnDosch1, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

How Can I Rename Tagged Faces in the Windows 10 Photos App?

1. How Can I Rename Tagged Faces in the Windows 10 Photos App? - Similar Threads - Rename Tagged Faces

2. Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos: I can see my photos and folders thousands of photos of people and places. But, the face tagging section of the app only sees a handful 5% of total of photos. Is there a way to force this functionality to sync?...
  3. Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos: I can see my photos and folders thousands of photos of people and places. But, the face tagging section of the app only sees a handful 5% of total of photos. Is there a way to force this functionality to sync?...
  4. Tagging people with the photos app for windows 10.

Tagging people with the photos app for windows 10.: Is there any way to get help with people tagging in Photos. Many suggestions to click on the top right on a photo and then on the face you want to tag. NOTHING HAPPENS. I think I have everything turned on. I have a couple hundred people shown on my people tab. Most...
  5. Face tags in Photos

Face tags in Photos: I spent countless hours face tagging and rating my photo collection with Photo Gallery from Windows Live Essentials. What a waste. Photos will not use all this data, and it cannot tell the difference between my son and my daughter. Nor will it let me correct the many wrong...
  6. How to find and tag People in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 News
    How to find and tag People in Windows 10 Photos app: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows 10 Photos App allows its users to find and tag people. It is a useful way of keeping your photos organized. So, if you would like to know he process of finding and tagging people in Windows 10 [...] This post How to find and tag People in Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Photos App - Export tags or edit tags

Windows 10 Photos App - Export tags or edit tags: Dear, In the file explorer I tagged all my pictures with references to people names, places, special occasions, etc... It's a huge work, especially for the faces, but it's the only way to find after many years later pictures. As the info is stored in the file you can...
  8. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....
  9. Tag&Rename

Tag&Rename: hi i hope somebody is able to advise me ,ive downloaded the software,but when ive come to look for a title it come up with "Your OR6CGKPJ3EKNPQBPYJR2 is not registered as an Amazon Associate .Please register as an associate at...
  10. Windows Photo - will it be updated to allow tagging faces?

Windows Photo - will it be updated to allow tagging faces?: I downloaded Photos today because it claimed to tag faces, but I find it works in only the most rudimentary way and from reading other forums in the community, it seems like I'm not missing some important how-to that could be user-error. I find that: the people tab does...