Windows 10: How can I rename the Quick Access Desktop Files?

Discus and support How can I rename the Quick Access Desktop Files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Cuz I choose the Chinese display for the first time when I woke my surface. I recovery my surface recently, and the desktop still shows the Chinese... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JunxianJia, Jan 14, 2020.

1. How can I rename the Quick Access Desktop Files?

Cuz I choose the Chinese display for the first time when I woke my surface. I recovery my surface recently, and the desktop still shows the Chinese letter. It's really inconvenient when I'm trying to install software that required the English path. How can I change or rename this file to "Desktop"?

How can I rename the Quick Access Desktop Files? 874738c2-ec27-40e2-9b6a-b3582888a872?upload=true.png

:)

JunxianJia, Jan 14, 2020

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Quick Access

The reply isn't helpful unfortunately.

The question/posting wasn't about deleting files or permanently deleting files.

But about the display of recent files in Quick Access view, which is shown when opening File Explorer => Windows 10.

Quick Access shows a list of (supposedly) recent files that have been opened. It doesn't automatically update when other files are opened.

My question was about listings in Quick Access that showed files as having been moved or renamed when in fact they had been deleted (I would suggest the Recycle Bin).

So to my partner the Quick Access listing was stating I had (attempted to) move/rename the files (and therefore hide them from her) whereas I had actually deleted them.

I would appreciate someone verifying this is plausible with the way file listings are listed in Windows 10/Quick Access.

PeterM_PRM, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

How can I rename the Quick Access Desktop Files?

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

How can I rename the Quick Access Desktop Files?

1. How can I rename the Quick Access Desktop Files? - Similar Threads - rename Quick Access

2. How can I remove quick access folders on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove quick access folders on my desktop?: Hello everyone! How can I remove quick access folders on my desktop? I can’t remove or move to another file. Home, desktop, downloads, documents, gallery, pictures, musics, videos folders standing on my desktop. I can do nothing with these folders. I am waiting for your help....
  3. How can I remove quick access folders on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove quick access folders on my desktop?: Hello everyone! How can I remove quick access folders on my desktop? I can’t remove or move to another file. Home, desktop, downloads, documents, gallery, pictures, musics, videos folders standing on my desktop. I can do nothing with these folders. I am waiting for your help....
  4. How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?: I've found some discussions on that dated 6-7 years ago. There were no reasonable solutions provided then. I guess it's time to re-open the discussion and maybe do something about it?So, my question is...How or rather when I'll be able to:1 Right-click an item in the Quick...
  5. How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?: I've found some discussions on that dated 6-7 years ago. There were no reasonable solutions provided then. I guess it's time to re-open the discussion and maybe do something about it?So, my question is...How or rather when I'll be able to:1 Right-click an item in the Quick...
  6. How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Quick access renaming folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access renaming folders: Is it possible to change names of pinned folders WITHOUT changing the Quick access names in Explorer? I used to be able to do this in Win 7 with its Explorer's Favorites.I typically have one handy folder, such as Desktop\New Folder, where I put files which I copy or download....
  8. Can you rename User Folder in Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you rename User Folder in Quick Access?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/p0hi0km1zop61.png?width=306&format=png&auto=webp&s=4a4a38841a78f0ca175434ce762efc51d89e04f0 submitted by /u/andorejunior [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/metyzq/can_you_rename_user_folder_in_quick_access/
  9. I can not Unpin "Desktop" from Quick Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can not Unpin "Desktop" from Quick Access: I try and try, but I have not successfully unpinned Desktop from Quick Access. I right-click it, choose "Unpin from Quick Access" and nothing happens. When I get the Properties of the Desktop icon it is point to my D: drive. Is this the cause? submitted by /u/nxnla...
  10. How to rename Quick Access folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to rename Quick Access folders in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Quick Access is a handy feature. It not only lists recent folders but also includes some system folders like documents, downloads, pictures and so on. If you ever wanted to rename Quick Access folders, we will guide you [...] This post How to...