Windows 10: How can I repair a bad sys config. My pc will not boot up.

Discus and support How can I repair a bad sys config. My pc will not boot up. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My video card went bad. I just replaced it and now my PC will not boot. I'm using my wife's pc to send info. It tells me something about a bad sys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lee Holloway, Jun 1, 2020.

1. How can I repair a bad sys config. My pc will not boot up.

My video card went bad. I just replaced it and now my PC will not boot. I'm using my wife's pc to send info. It tells me something about a bad sys config. I have an ssd.

:)

Lee Holloway, Jun 1, 2020

2. Bad Sys Config

My computer will not Restore. I have two dates that show, but neither one works when I try and restore.

The Bad Sys Config error comes up each time I start my laptop.

I have tried a few different command prompt work arounds today, nothing works.

I have no idea what happened, this just came out of the blue.

Help!

JeanetteSiddons, Jun 1, 2020
  3. automatic repair can not repair PC stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO -help

automatic repair can not repair PC stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO -help. WINDOW 10 is running on a MAC three Parallells

pacificpearl, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How can I repair a bad sys config. My pc will not boot up.

Bad system config info

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error Bad System Config means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. It would be great, if you can help us with the details requested below:

• When do you get the error message?
    • Does the computer boot to the Desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

How can I repair a bad sys config. My pc will not boot up.

1. How can I repair a bad sys config. My pc will not boot up. - Similar Threads - repair bad sys

2. BAD SYS CONFIG INFO BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BAD SYS CONFIG INFO BSOD: My PC ran into a BSOD and this was the displayed error: BAD SYS CONFIG INFO.Any ways to fix it?Here's everything I think is important to know:1The PC doesn't have any important files, it only has Steam along with a few games and other applications I need for school so I can...
  3. “BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO” on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    “BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO” on boot: When I boot up my Windows 10 PC, the error code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO comes up. Then the PC restarts by itself. Finally the options Restart and Advanced Options are available.I tried many methods throughout the internet, none worked. So I used another HDD with Windows 10 to...
  4. SSD full, bad sys config info, any last hope?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD full, bad sys config info, any last hope?: Hello, I have a computer that is running windows 10, a 250GB SSD and two 2 TB HD raid set up. The main user on the system had all systems, downloads, games going to the 250GB SSD instead of the 2TB storage. It ended up filling up totally, and now the blue screen of death...
  5. Bad system info config / infinite preparing automatic repair boot screern

Bad system info config / infinite preparing automatic repair boot screern: I was doing class work then my PC crashed and said BAD_SYSTEM_INFO_CONFIG and it restarted it self and went into preparing automatic repair and it stays there I cant go into bios it windows recovery...
  6. My PC gets stuck on the blue screen when it boots up and it says: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

My PC gets stuck on the blue screen when it boots up and it says: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: My PC gets stuck on the blue screen when it boots up and it says: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I have also tried to boot the pc with a stick but that doesn't work either. What should I do now? [ATTACH] Bad System Convig Info?
  7. Bad Sys Config

Bad Sys Config: My computer will not Restore. I have two dates that show, but neither one works when I try and restore. The Bad Sys Config error comes up each time I start my laptop. I have tried a few different command prompt work arounds today, nothing works. I have no idea what...
  8. Why Sys Config Error on Boot USB?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Sys Config Error on Boot USB?: We have a computer won't boot into win10. and none of the usual fixit methods work. So we've got a bootable usb with win10 on it like they tell you to do. But when it boots from it we get the same message: system config error. Hex 1 it is when it gives a code.. That...
  9. Getting the Bad sys config error and I don't know how to fix it.

Getting the Bad sys config error and I don't know how to fix it.: Advice on fixing this error is greatly appreciated. I really don't want to spend $100+ to get a disk to fix this... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-the-bad-sys-config-error-and-i-dont-know/cc1d1ab4-4343-4935-9936-6ff93faf6ea9
  10. automatic repair can not repair PC stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO -help

automatic repair can not repair PC stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO -help: automatic repair can not repair PC stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO -help. WINDOW 10 is running on a MAC three Parallells https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/automatic-repair-can-not-repair-pc-stop-code-bad/61de3674-f91b-4906-b816-5b642f173f19