Windows 10: How can I repair MBR on my external hard drive

Discus and support How can I repair MBR on my external hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba 1TB external hard drive that I purchased in 2015 when I purchased my Lenovo gaming laptop. Years later, I found the external hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KnightSky1216, Jun 18, 2021.

1. How can I repair MBR on my external hard drive

I have a Toshiba 1TB external hard drive that I purchased in 2015 when I purchased my Lenovo gaming laptop. Years later, I found the external hard drive in a box today. I recall several years ago that the external just stopped working suddenly. I used it for several months and it worked perfectly fine until one day and it stopped working. It doesn't make clicks or anything. I downloaded some software there free version and it said that there were "bad clusters." When I go to disk management , I see the external there but I can't initialize it nor can I assign a letter to it, which makes th

:)

KnightSky1216, Jun 18, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jun 18, 2021
  3. External Drive MBR is Corrupt

Here are two articles with solutions that might be able to fix it:

Get Corrupted MBR on External Drive

https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/fix-mbr...

How to tell your hard drive MBR is damaged or corrupted

https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-softwa...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Jun 18, 2021
  4. twynog Win User

How can I repair MBR on my external hard drive

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

How can I repair MBR on my external hard drive

1. How can I repair MBR on my external hard drive - Similar Threads - repair MBR external

2. How can I select my external hard drive for the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I select my external hard drive for the Microsoft Store?: When I am given an option to choose where I want to install a game I'm only given the option for C: and D:. I have a third which is my external hard drive. I've seen other people ask similar questions and have gone into my settings > storage > change where new content is...
  3. How can I repair my Boot Sequence on a GPT Drive without changing to MBR?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I repair my Boot Sequence on a GPT Drive without changing to MBR?: After updating my GPU, which is the only major thing I recall doing, my PC doesn't recognize my boot drive anymore. After using a recovery drive, I attempted to used the Startup Recovery, but it automatically fails. My only option is to use Command Prompt, after fiddling...
  4. How can I repair my Boot Sequence on a GPT Drive without changing to MBR?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I repair my Boot Sequence on a GPT Drive without changing to MBR?: After updating my GPU, which is the only major thing I recall doing, my PC doesn't recognize my boot drive anymore. After using a recovery drive, I attempted to used the Startup Recovery, but it automatically fails. My only option is to use Command Prompt, after fiddling...
  5. How can I repair my Boot Sequence on a GPT Drive without changing to MBR?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Repairing external hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Repairing external hard drive: Hi all I store all of my photos and music on an external hard drive. Recently some photos didn't copy across properly - I deleted them but the hard drive is stuck cancelling the action and Windows is asking me to repair the drive with the message below: "We have found errors...
  7. Hard Drive OS Repair/Access on a hard drive attached as a external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive OS Repair/Access on a hard drive attached as a external hard drive: I have a computer originally from my son. It had not been running for 5-7 years, burnt power supply. I was updating to most current Win 10 and the files got corrupted at version 1909 and it won't boot. In Win PE recovery mode I've tried system restore, system reset, advanced...
  8. my external hard drive is not accessible. how can I open it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my external hard drive is not accessible. how can I open it?: My external hard drive comes as F drive but is not accessible how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-hard-drive-is-not-accessible-how-can-i/7761ef30-c4ee-4f6b-b812-ea3a52561470
  9. How to repair external hard drive that has errors that need repairing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to repair external hard drive that has errors that need repairing: Hello, I scanned my 2 TB external hard drive and it was found to have errors. The box said errors were found and to close the box and repair them. It doesn't say how to do this. This hard drive registers as Drive N on my PC. I am trying to copy the files on this drive to a...
  10. External Drive MBR is Corrupt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Drive MBR is Corrupt: Hi, My external disk drive MBR is corrupt. The drive is reported as file system RAW in the disk management utility. Full details are: Layout: Simple, Type: Basic, File System: RAW, Status: Heathy (Active Primary Partition) Capacity: 372.61 GB. The Active primary...