Windows 10: How can I Repair my surface

Discus and support How can I Repair my surface in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi i really need you help to repair my surface. And the store closed ,please tell me hoe to do my scremn keep show the lock and i try myself... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TonyChen520, May 22, 2020.

1. How can I Repair my surface

Hi

i really need you help to repair my surface. And the store closed ,please tell me hoe to do

my scremn keep show the lock

and i try myself stillno work.

:)

TonyChen520, May 22, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, May 22, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 22, 2020
  4. How can I Repair my surface

Surface Book Automatic Repair Issue

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Provide us the following details in order to assist you better.

• How did you perform the Automatic repair? Did you use a DVD to perform it or via desktop?
    If you perform via desktop then I suggest you to boot your device using installation media.

I suggest you to perform the startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.
    • Select language and click on Next.
    • Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.
    • Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.
    Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Divya Murugan, May 22, 2020
Thema:

How can I Repair my surface

1. How can I Repair my surface - Similar Threads - Repair surface

2. Automatic repair loop on Surface pro 3 from 2015

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair loop on Surface pro 3 from 2015: My Surface pro 3 has not been used for a long time, at least 3 years and it's missing a lot of updates. Once I finally charged it today, the Automatic repair screen appeared. I have been trying to get out of the never ending loop for the past 2 hours. Whatever I try, nothing...
  3. Automatic repair loop on Surface pro 3 from 2015

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair loop on Surface pro 3 from 2015: My Surface pro 3 has not been used for a long time, at least 3 years and it's missing a lot of updates. Once I finally charged it today, the Automatic repair screen appeared. I have been trying to get out of the never ending loop for the past 2 hours. Whatever I try, nothing...
  4. Automatic repair loop on Surface pro 3 from 2015

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Screen protection or scree repair for my Surface Pro device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen protection or scree repair for my Surface Pro device: HelloI wish to fix or protect my Surface Pro screen as it now has a crack across the screen.The pc works and the touch screen is still functioning but it is now fragilizedMy surface pro product ID is 00329-90000-00000-AA698Which type of Surface Pro product is this? I do not...
  6. Screen protection or scree repair for my Surface Pro device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen protection or scree repair for my Surface Pro device: HelloI wish to fix or protect my Surface Pro screen as it now has a crack across the screen.The pc works and the touch screen is still functioning but it is now fragilizedMy surface pro product ID is 00329-90000-00000-AA698Which type of Surface Pro product is this? I do not...
  7. Screen protection or scree repair for my Surface Pro device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Brand new Surface Pro 7 stuck on repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new Surface Pro 7 stuck on repair loop: Hello all. I just recently purchased a Surface Pro 7, and after only one day of use it won't start anymore. There were no issues when I first used it, and I did a shutdown and update that night. The following day, it's stuck on a repair loop. I've done all of the Microsoft...
  9. Can't get Surface Pro 4 to boot, restore or repair after using OnTrack EasyRecovery to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get Surface Pro 4 to boot, restore or repair after using OnTrack EasyRecovery to...: submitted by /u/Burdwatcher [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lexr9k/cant_get_surface_pro_4_to_boot_restore_or_repair/
  10. Surface service and repair web page doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface service and repair web page doesn't work properly: I am trying to register a Surface in the devices section of service and repair however, it is giving multiple errors. Sometimes it says it cannot process the serial number. Sometimes it says it cannot process the payment, even though there is no charge on the repair....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface books keeps preparing automatic repair