Windows 10: (How) Can I repair this drive?

Discus and support (How) Can I repair this drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a power outage while I had several processes involving one 4 TB drive in my system. When power came back on and I ran chkdsk on all the drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by x509, Mar 24, 2020.

1. x509 Win User

(How) Can I repair this drive?

I had a power outage while I had several processes involving one 4 TB drive in my system.

When power came back on and I ran chkdsk on all the drives in my system, I got the following for this one drive:

(How) Can I repair this drive? [​IMG]

What does the chkdsk insufficient disk space error message mean? The total drive space (formatted) is 3.63 GB and 2.39 GB is free space. Can I address this issue by deleting some non-critical files on this drive?

There is are two critical folders on this drive that I really want to save by copying off to another drive. One of these folders contains just over 2,000 files, different sizes. After a few seconds, copy speed drops to between 375 KB/sec on 0 KB/sec. Normal copy speed on my system between 2 HDDs is over 100 MB/sec. This seems hopeless to me.

My system is old, but does have PCI-E 3.0 architecture.

Is this drive a total goner, and I have to reformat the entire drive to get back the use of this drive. Before this power outage, HD Sentinel Pro reported this drive as Perfect.

:)

2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    repairing drive c

The part of process that you are in when updating Windows is the check disk (CHKDSK), the system is checking your drive for errors.

Are you still having the issue and stuck at Scanning and repairing drive process?

As a workaround, you can follow these steps to bypass the CHKDSK process:

• Hold down the power button for 4 seconds.
    • The PC will reboot.
    • You will get stuck again on the process, repeat step 1.
    • You will get a message "press any key to bypass the chkdsk."
    • Press any key and it will continue on the update process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Mar 24, 2020
  4. (How) Can I repair this drive?

little cat, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

(How) Can I repair this drive?

1. (How) Can I repair this drive? - Similar Threads - repair drive

2. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  3. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  4. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...: Dear Forum Members and Experts,A warranty Asus laptop has failed. No motherboard, no SSD or HDD, no ram. "Only" the cover elements of the device at LCD, LCD hinges were defective and the keyboard had to be replaced. When the laptop was taken over, it worked perfectly. Windows...
  6. BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...

BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...: Dear Forum Members and Experts,A warranty Asus laptop has failed. No motherboard, no SSD or HDD, no ram. "Only" the cover elements of the device at LCD, LCD hinges were defective and the keyboard had to be replaced. When the laptop was taken over, it worked perfectly. Windows...
  7. BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Scanning and repairing drive D: everytime i boot my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scanning and repairing drive D: everytime i boot my laptop: Everytime I start my laptop, scanning and repairing drive D: appears, after a while I can enter into my desktop but all my apps are corruptedish and everything runs so slowly as if all nothing is responding.Everytime I restart and/or shutdown my laptop, the scanning and...
  9. Scanning and repairing drive D: everytime i boot my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning and repairing drive D: everytime i boot my laptop: Everytime I start my laptop, scanning and repairing drive D: appears, after a while I can enter into my desktop but all my apps are corruptedish and everything runs so slowly as if all nothing is responding.Everytime I restart and/or shutdown my laptop, the scanning and...
  10. Scanning and repairing drive D: everytime i boot my laptop