Windows 10: How can I replace Runtimebroker.exe windows10

Discus and support How can I replace Runtimebroker.exe windows10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Problems with runtimebroker.exe consuming cpu. How can I replace current version with my own version doing nothing. This is due to not finding any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by selsmoran, Sep 7, 2015.

1. selsmoran Win User

How can I replace Runtimebroker.exe windows10

Problems with runtimebroker.exe consuming cpu.
    How can I replace current version with my own
    version doing nothing.
    This is due to not finding any working solution
    so far.
    I promise, I tried all suggestions in this forum
    but problem returns, at least for me.

:)

selsmoran, Sep 7, 2015
  2. HnyBear69 Win User

Disable runtimebroker.exe

I'm having the same problem. Fresh install of Windows 10 nothing else installed and runtimebroker.exe is using 10%-50% of my cpu. How can I kill the process?

HnyBear69, Sep 7, 2015
  3. RuntimeBroker.exe - Application Error

in setting when i open i get the msg runtimeBroker.exe. How do I fix it?

FredHilllD, Sep 7, 2015
  4. fergiet Win User

I did the registry hack and so far all ok.

Solutions thar work for some:

• Registry hack: run regedit.exe, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBroker, change "Start"=dword:00000003 to dword:00000004. This will affect parts of Cortana, like new apps not showing up and you can't set reminders.
    • Switch your lock screen background (Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen) from Windows Spotlight to Picture. Preferably but not necessarily a picture of a ninja cat on a dinosaur ;-) Additionally disable the live tile of your photo app by right clicking on it.
    • Settings -> System -> Notifications & actions -> Disable "Show me tips about Windows"
    • Disable (at least to test) the P2P sharing in all settings>update>advanced>chose how updates are delivered. Set "updates from more than one place" to off.

fergiet, Sep 7, 2015
  5. selsmoran Win User
    My question was about replacing RuntimeBroker.
    I get access denied even if I try with an elevated
    command window.

selsmoran, Sep 7, 2015
  6. Louisaz Win User
    The above regedit method worked PERFECTLY for me. I've just posted how dramatic the improvement was -- from a constant ~30% CPU usage to a relatively constant ~2% CPU usage. The other dramatic improvement was the reduction in my CPU (i5) temp from ~ 50 deg. C to ~ 30 deg. C. No error messages and no other problems. It flat works.

Louisaz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I replace Runtimebroker.exe windows10 - Similar Threads - replace Runtimebroker exe

2. How can I repair or replace wdiwifi.sys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I repair or replace wdiwifi.sys?: The past few weeks I have sometimes getting a blue screen of death error. For example I was simply just browsing and suddenly I get the BSOD. The error code is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Below that it says: What failed: wdiwifi.sys. I think that this means that the...
  3. How do I fix runtimebroker exe application error the exception unknown software exception...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix runtimebroker exe application error the exception unknown software exception...: So I’ve been getting this error code for about 2-3 its a hp pc and I’ve tried a lot of things and none of them work pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-runtimebroker-exe-application-error/a3189436-882b-499f-bd28-38e3927232f1
  4. How do I fix runtimebroker exe application error the exception unknown software exception...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix runtimebroker exe application error the exception unknown software exception...: So I’ve been getting this error code for about 2-3 its a hp pc and I’ve tried a lot of things and none of them work pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-runtimebroker-exe-application-error/a3189436-882b-499f-bd28-38e3927232f1
  5. problems with runtimebroker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problems with runtimebroker: i needed to move a large file from my laptop to a pc. i didn't have a flash drive at hand so i removed my laptop's ssd and plugged it into the pc via an external adapter. it asked for administrator privileges to open the C: disk , which i confirmed with a "continue" button....
  6. RuntimeBroker error

in Windows 10 Customization
    RuntimeBroker error: i just have 9CA88EE3-ACB7-47c8-AFC4-AB702511C276 RuntimeBroker but app need 15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402 RuntimeBroker how can i add it? in dcomcnfg.exe, is not 15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402 RuntimeBroker...
  7. rundll32.exe replacement?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    rundll32.exe replacement?: This morning MalwareBytes started throwing flags that rundll32.exe (in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe) was trying to open blocked websites marked as a trojan. Unfortunately, neither Avast, MalwareBytes, or Microsoft Defender think it's an infected file and using sfc/scannow...
  8. How Can i install Windows10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Can i install Windows10: How can i install Windows 10 to my FreeDos PC submitted by /u/UnicornGoyo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ioglf5/how_can_i_install_windows10/
  9. can I replace windows10 pro with windows10 home?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can I replace windows10 pro with windows10 home?: I keep getting message that my license has expired. I have windows10 pro which I would like to replace with windows10 home. Is this possible?...
  10. WinHlp32.exe support in WINDOWS10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinHlp32.exe support in WINDOWS10: Hi, We have some content to display which is in .hlp format. We are using WINHELP() API to display the help content which worked fine till windows xp and windows 7. We see now that winhlp32.exe is deprecated in windows 10 and content is not displayed when used WINHELP()...