Windows 10: How can I replace the default file explorer with the new files app?

Discus and support How can I replace the default file explorer with the new files app? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,I just installed the new files app from Microsoft store and it is excellent!! It fascinated me and now I want to replace the old file explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hossain_Aryan 65, Sep 14, 2021.

1. How can I replace the default file explorer with the new files app?

Hello,I just installed the new files app from Microsoft store and it is excellent!! It fascinated me and now I want to replace the old file explorer. Is it possible? If yes, then how can I proceed?

:)

Hossain_Aryan 65, Sep 14, 2021

2. Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Billb1111 Win User
    Displaying Thumbnails for .jpg files in Windows 10 File Explorer

Thanks for your suggestion.

As "recommended for Windows 10", "Photos" is the default app for "Photo viewer" (.jpg isn't really listed as the file extension in the settings).

Do you have another app you would suggest?

By the way, my photos open and display just fine, the issue is the general absence of thumbnails in File Explorer.

Billb1111, Sep 14, 2021
  4. How can I replace the default file explorer with the new files app?

File Explorer default veiw setting Win 10 Pro

Hi Bob,

You can change the default settings of your File Explorer view. If you would like to sort it by Date, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, type File Explorer.
    • Select View located at the top of the address bar.
    • Locate Sort by.
    • Select Date.
    • Choose between Ascending and Descending.
    • Close the File Explorer and check back if the changes applied.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

How can I replace the default file explorer with the new files app?

1. How can I replace the default file explorer with the new files app? - Similar Threads - replace default file

2. How to open file explorer folders as new tabs by default instead of as new file explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open file explorer folders as new tabs by default instead of as new file explorer...: Hello,I am loving the tabs functionality of the new file explorer, but I am constantly annoying with the fact that opening any folder results in a new file explorer windows being spawned. What I would instead like to happen is that my current file explorer windows is made...
  3. How to open file explorer folders as new tabs by default instead of as new file explorer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open file explorer folders as new tabs by default instead of as new file explorer...: Hello,I am loving the tabs functionality of the new file explorer, but I am constantly annoying with the fact that opening any folder results in a new file explorer windows being spawned. What I would instead like to happen is that my current file explorer windows is made...
  4. Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?: My file explorer navigation is really messed up. Is there a way to restore a "default" layout of the Navigation Pane without running the risk of messing things up even further?...
  5. Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?: My file explorer navigation is really messed up. Is there a way to restore a "default" layout of the Navigation Pane without running the risk of messing things up even further?...
  6. Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. how to reset file explorer to default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reset file explorer to default?: As the picture, the quick access looks different from the default one.I tried reset it to default here but nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-file-explorer-to-default/6a24d60a-d50a-4597-a1f9-5ba977ba133b
  8. How to make The app "files - preview" your default files explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make The app "files - preview" your default files explorer: How can you make the app thats in Microsoft store search for this - files preview how do I make this my default files explorer I want this so whenever i download something from a browser it should come up as files preview...
  9. Replace default file explorer with "Files - Preview" from windows store.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replace default file explorer with "Files - Preview" from windows store.: Files - Preview seems like a very good file explorer, its stylish, has all the features I need and has multitabs. Is there any way to open this program instead of the default windows explorer when e.g. clicking on "open file location" or "show in folder"? I already managed...
  10. New File explorer - default an abomination

in Browsers and Email
    New File explorer - default an abomination: Hi folks Who else like me (For Eng scholars me is correct -- Cambridge UK graduates think it should be "Like I" however use the plural and nobody would say "Like WE " in this contest -- they'd always say "Like US" !!! -- only mention because that cost my colleague in a Bar...