Windows 10: How can I reset a desktop icon to default on Windows 10?

Discus and support How can I reset a desktop icon to default on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I changed the firefox icon a while ago and I want to change it back to the default. I changed it by searching for "Firefox" in start, right-clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The1GiantWalrus, Feb 22, 2021.

1. How can I reset a desktop icon to default on Windows 10?

So I changed the firefox icon a while ago and I want to change it back to the default. I changed it by searching for "Firefox" in start, right-clicking and clicking "Open File Location", then right-clicking and clicking "Properties", going to "Shortcut" and changing the icon. Is there a way to change it back to the default firefox icon?

:)

The1GiantWalrus, Feb 22, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 22, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Feb 22, 2021
  4. How can I reset a desktop icon to default on Windows 10?

Continuous Reset Layout Icons

right click on the desktop, and at the top of the popup window is "sort by", you can then click which way you want the folders and icons sorted on the desktop.

There is one way I know that it can reset after setting it the way you want. If you don't reset the PC normally to allow the changes to set in. If you were to crash the system or power down holding the power button, the system will default to the last save configuration (which is likely by alphabetical order).

sneekypeet, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

How can I reset a desktop icon to default on Windows 10?

1. How can I reset a desktop icon to default on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - reset desktop icon

2. How can I set a default layout of icons on a desktop for new users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set a default layout of icons on a desktop for new users: I want to logically group shortcuts on the desktop that gets set on the initial profile creation.I have the shortcuts added to the public profile under public desktop. When a new user logs in the shortcuts are lined up across the left side of the desktop all jumbled together....
  3. How can I set a default layout of icons on a desktop for new users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set a default layout of icons on a desktop for new users: I want to logically group shortcuts on the desktop that gets set on the initial profile creation.I have the shortcuts added to the public profile under public desktop. When a new user logs in the shortcuts are lined up across the left side of the desktop all jumbled together....
  4. How can I set a default layout of icons on a desktop for new users

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I reset default brightness settings?

How can I reset default brightness settings?: Hello.I have a Lenovo Legion 5 and a few days ago, when I unplugged the computer, it would lower the brightness. When I plugged it back in, the original brightness level returned.However, when I now disconnect or connect the power plug, the brightness stays the same. How can...
  6. How do I reset desktop icons ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I reset desktop icons ?: Ive made custom desktop icons for different games and programs to give more of a flare. Recently made one I didn’t like and want the original back. How do I do this ? For anyone asking what app, its blender. submitted by /u/A_leaning_Tower [link] [comments]...
  7. How can I reset all user permissions to default for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I reset all user permissions to default for Windows 10?: I made a bad mistake and I removed both permissions for the SYSTEM and for administrators on my local disk c drive. How can I reset all the user permissions to default?...
  8. How can I change the default font on Windows 10 Desktop?

How can I change the default font on Windows 10 Desktop?: Hi, I'm new to Windows 10 and I do not like the default Segoe UI font that is everywhere. Please tell me there is a way to change it! I tried to do the Notepad .reg file method several times and it did not work. This is such a small personalization thing, it shouldn't be...
  9. How can i reset the Start Menu to its default in Windows 10?

How can i reset the Start Menu to its default in Windows 10?: From the last Windows update i dont have any tiles on my Start Menu. So how can i reset the start menu. Windows build: Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.557)...
  10. how can i reset it desktop icons font to normal font?

how can i reset it desktop icons font to normal font?: my laptop desktop icons on windows 10 system suddenly became enlarged; how can i reset it normal font? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reset-it-desktop-icons-font-to-normal/b006bde7-dcc2-4d2f-bd32-c82e7cdb5860