Windows 10: How can I reset a local admin password if I dont know the password?

Discus and support How can I reset a local admin password if I dont know the password? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I recently started using an old laptop of mine again as I got some new parts for it. However I only have access to the one local account which... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Andrew.Wills, Feb 4, 2021.

1. How can I reset a local admin password if I dont know the password?

Hello,

I recently started using an old laptop of mine again as I got some new parts for it. However I only have access to the one local account which does not have admin rights. I don't remember what the admin password is as it has been quite a while since I have used this laptop. I am trying to avoid reinstalling Windows if possible. Is there anyway I can reset the local administrator password without knowing the current password or having admin rights? If someone could help me out with this that would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrew

:)

Andrew.Wills, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 4, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 4, 2021
  4. How can I reset a local admin password if I dont know the password?

Managing password resets for local admin

Not sure exactly where to post this thread, so please move, if necessary. Here's my problem:

I work for a large company with offices all over North America. We have hundreds of printers and scanners. I have proposed to the security team that we come up with a password policy for these devices. The issue is that the sheer scale of the password update project is massive (from my own, inexperienced perspective). Updating the local admin password on all these devices will take significant man hours. I haven't found a solution online to possibly script the changes and send commands through SSH/PuTTY, or something over the network. The closest I found was someone who had created a VBS script, but it won't work in our environment. Do any of you have experience here that could share your process? I'm praying there's a nice, convenient way to centrally manage the passwords, but I have come up empty so far.

rolling moses, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

How can I reset a local admin password if I dont know the password?

1. How can I reset a local admin password if I dont know the password? - Similar Threads - reset local admin

2. how can I reset password for a window local account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I reset password for a window local account?: how can I reset password for a window local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reset-password-for-a-window-local/94b3204c-1822-419f-81b9-4d99ba1ff559
  3. how can I reset password for a window local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I reset password for a window local account?: how can I reset password for a window local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reset-password-for-a-window-local/94b3204c-1822-419f-81b9-4d99ba1ff559
  4. I Cant do anything because i dont know the password to admin and i dont have admin rights...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Cant do anything because i dont know the password to admin and i dont have admin rights...: I reset windows then i think i enabled Administartor apssword somehow and now i cant do anything that requires administraor password, UAE popups etc pls help i cant do anything on my pc since i dont have administartor rights or whatever...
  5. I Cant do anything because i dont know the password to admin and i dont have admin rights...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Cant do anything because i dont know the password to admin and i dont have admin rights...: I reset windows then i think i enabled Administartor apssword somehow and now i cant do anything that requires administraor password, UAE popups etc pls help i cant do anything on my pc since i dont have administartor rights or whatever...
  6. I Cant do anything because i dont know the password to admin and i dont have admin rights...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. i dont know my admin user name or password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i dont know my admin user name or password: how dom i find my admin user name or password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-my-admin-user-name-or-password/d8a31495-66f5-4588-89fe-f2869c3ce6f1
  8. Reset local admin password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset local admin password: Hi all, Machine has fallen off the domain and can't get in using local admin password I've tried hirens boot CD but doesn't see windows partition. I assume it's because of either uefi or bitlocker I've turned off secure boot but didn't make a difference Any advice please?...
  9. I rested my whole pc but dont know the admin password

I rested my whole pc but dont know the admin password: Is there any default one? or a simple way to get it? submitted by /u/JohnWickUniversity [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfm3x0/i_rested_my_whole_pc_but_dont_know_the_admin/
  10. How can I view an admin password instead of resetting it?

How can I view an admin password instead of resetting it?: Is there any bootable os I could use or is a way I could just view or see it. I don't mind if I have to pay for it. If this is not the right subreddit to post this one pls tell me which one to post on. submitted by /u/Qryza [link] [comments]...