Windows 10: How can I reset default brightness settings?

Discus and support How can I reset default brightness settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello.I have a Lenovo Legion 5 and a few days ago, when I unplugged the computer, it would lower the brightness. When I plugged it back in, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MacDows200, Sep 21, 2021.

1. How can I reset default brightness settings?

Hello.I have a Lenovo Legion 5 and a few days ago, when I unplugged the computer, it would lower the brightness. When I plugged it back in, the original brightness level returned.However, when I now disconnect or connect the power plug, the brightness stays the same. How can I return the laptop to it's default option?Thanks.

:)

MacDows200, Sep 21, 2021

2. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

How can I reset default brightness settings? ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 21, 2021
  3. FAXA Win User
    Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

4. How can I reset default brightness settings?

Brightness resets after reboot

Hi Marc,

In addition to the troubleshooting step that you have already done, we suggest that you try disabling the adaptive brightness from your PC. Follow the steps below and see if it resolves the issue:

• From the Search bar, type Power Options.
    • Click Power Options from the result. Under Preferred plans, click
      Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings and select Enable adaptive brightness to turn it
      ON or OFF.
    After saving the changes, restart your PC and check if issue still occurs.

Let us know how it went.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

How can I reset default brightness settings?

1. How can I reset default brightness settings? - Similar Threads - reset default brightness

2. How can I set the default keyboard to use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set the default keyboard to use.: I have ENG/ES and ENG/UK keyboards and I want to set to default the ENG/ES one.How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-set-the-default-keyboard-to-use/68a69b58-ddd0-4864-9e38-ed21a16b4e20
  3. How can I set the default keyboard to use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set the default keyboard to use.: I have ENG/ES and ENG/UK keyboards and I want to set to default the ENG/ES one.How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-set-the-default-keyboard-to-use/68a69b58-ddd0-4864-9e38-ed21a16b4e20
  4. windows 10 how to set brightness to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 how to set brightness to default: Hello dear community,I **** having problem with my windows 10 such as can't change it's brightness to default settings. Everything on screen is very bright. How can i adjust this brightness settings to default one thanks.Also one of my old friends changed my computer's bios...
  5. windows 10 how to set brightness to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 how to set brightness to default: Hello dear community,I **** having problem with my windows 10 such as can't change it's brightness to default settings. Everything on screen is very bright. How can i adjust this brightness settings to default one thanks.Also one of my old friends changed my computer's bios...
  6. windows 10 how to set brightness to default

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How can I fix this? I mean how to reset to default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I fix this? I mean how to reset to default settings: How can I fix this? I mean how to reset to default settings [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-i-mean-how-to-reset-to-default/255c8097-ee28-48e1-8cd6-6180742fee85
  8. How can I completely reset Windows Defender to default settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I completely reset Windows Defender to default settings?: Defender is picking up threats that have already been deleted, and it won't stop bugging me about it. I'm trying to find a way to just factory reset defender but I'm not able to find a solution anywhere online. I've tried resetting it through the apps settings but it didn't...
  9. My settings reset to default after every restart. How can I fix this?

My settings reset to default after every restart. How can I fix this?: Hello! So recently I built a gaming computer, and am logged into my Microsoft account. I noticed as soon as I did this, mylaptop settings reset to default. I then tried to change my settings on my gaming computer color, wallpaper, etc.. However after turning off and back...
  10. Windows 10 - How can I reset the Windows Settings to their default setting without changing...

Windows 10 - How can I reset the Windows Settings to their default setting without changing...: Windows 10 - How can I reset the Windows Settings to their default setting without changing anything else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-can-i-reset-the-windows-settings-to/d22e1398-59c9-4873-8f19-bc2308c31085