Windows 10: How can I reset my computers location

Discus and support How can I reset my computers location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In windows 10, how can I reset its location.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TallmadgeHaas, Jun 19, 2019.

1. How can I reset my computers location

In windows 10, how can I reset its location.

:)

TallmadgeHaas, Jun 19, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 19, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

How can I reset my computers location

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

How can I reset my computers location

1. How can I reset my computers location - Similar Threads - reset computers location

2. how can i force reset my computer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i force reset my computer ?: i have tried resetting my pc due to possible corrupted files. i went through settings and recover sections and it wont do anything. i tried the hold shift key and hitting the restart button and it wont reset like that either. i use my computer for school so i really need help...
  3. how can i force reset my computer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i force reset my computer ?: i have tried resetting my pc due to possible corrupted files. i went through settings and recover sections and it wont do anything. i tried the hold shift key and hitting the restart button and it wont reset like that either. i use my computer for school so i really need help...
  4. how can i force reset my computer ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How can I reset my PC

How can I reset my PC: HP...I really hope you see this and replyMy taskbar was frozen so I saw a tutorial on YouTube where I edited some things on my registry editorNow I restarted and my PC is stuck at the login page and it's not displaying login detailsPlease HelpMy Laptop is HP 640 G1 Probook...
  6. how can i factory reset or just fix my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i factory reset or just fix my computer: my computer says the user profile service service failed the sign in and then. i used safemode and logged on but all of the files are gone. i cant open anything and my screen is white. i can open task manager and my files but i cant do anything else. i tried to factory reset...
  7. how can i factory reset or just fix my computer

how can i factory reset or just fix my computer: my computer says the user profile service service failed the sign in and then. i used safemode and logged on but all of the files are gone. i cant open anything and my screen is white. i can open task manager and my files but i cant do anything else. i tried to factory reset...
  8. how can i factory reset or just fix my computer

9. How can I reset my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I reset my computer.: Each time I try to reset my dell computer, which has windows 10 installed from an 8.1 op, it fails. The computer is not operating well and really needs a fresh start. I have tried everything in recovery, but nothing seems to work. Would really appreciate help. Thanks...
  10. how can I reset my pc?

how can I reset my pc?: My system was slow for few days so i decided to reset my pc setting and clear my drive not to format the windows. So I reset my pc but after few time it said "there was some problem while resetting and nochanges were made." So please help me to solve my problem....