Windows 10: How can I reset my Surface Pro 4 without the use of a keyboard?

Discus and support How can I reset my Surface Pro 4 without the use of a keyboard? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I was wondering how I could reset my Surface Pro 4. I forgot my password and my keyboard port is currently broken so I can’t use my Surface Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Septonomical, Dec 8, 2018.

1. How can I reset my Surface Pro 4 without the use of a keyboard?

Hello. I was wondering how I could reset my Surface Pro 4. I forgot my password and my keyboard port is currently broken so I can’t use my Surface Pro 4 keyboard and so I was wondering if I could reset it without doing the Restart + Shift to take me to the blue fixing screen thing. Thanks. Best regards.

:)

Septonomical, Dec 8, 2018

2. Fingerprint reader missing from log-in screen on Surface Pro 4

Hi Van,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about fingerprint reader on the your device, do le us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the device(Hardware/ Software) prior to this issue?
    • Have you connected any other external devices to your Surface Pro 4?
    • Are you using PIN on the logon screen to log-in to your device?

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned by
    RobertBrindle on November 10, 2015 and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Surface Pro 3 with Surface Pro 4 Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 8, 2018
  3. epete Win User
    Reset Surface Pro 4 Software / now have errors

After a third Reset, I have finally gotten my Surface Pro 4 running with no errors listed in Windows update history and the Windows Hello properly working.

Each time I chose to blow away user data. This third time I selected to log in with my business account instead of personal account.

I have no idea what went wrong the first two times but this third Reset proves that the latest Win10 Ver 1703 OS Build 15063.483 has all of the correct drivers and support for the Surface Pro 4.

epete, Dec 8, 2018
  4. How can I reset my Surface Pro 4 without the use of a keyboard?

Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

How can I reset my Surface Pro 4 without the use of a keyboard?

1. How can I reset my Surface Pro 4 without the use of a keyboard? - Similar Threads - reset Surface Pro

2. how i can disable context key on surface pro 4 keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how i can disable context key on surface pro 4 keyboard: surface Pro 4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-disable-context-key-on-surface-pro-4/88fb9d51-0a7e-41dd-931e-e791c3251ef2
  3. how i can disable context key on surface pro 4 keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how i can disable context key on surface pro 4 keyboard: surface Pro 4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-disable-context-key-on-surface-pro-4/88fb9d51-0a7e-41dd-931e-e791c3251ef2
  4. Surface Pro 4 keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 keyboard and mouse: Because my keyboard touch pad was not responding I purchased a bluetooth mouse. When the mouse is connected my sound quits working. When I turn off the bluetooth to unpair the mouse the sound comes back. I made sure there were no updates that I needed to install. Can anyone...
  5. Surface pro 4 won’t reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 4 won’t reset: Hi, I have problems getting my surface to work. I have reported this in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/windows-explorer-keeps-resetting/7e71b114-5f14-4025-8913-e70db50d8fea?messageId=27c843b2-de86-49a8-bf1d-5ff5bf5be683 In...
  6. surface pro keyboard and Microsoft wireless Bluetooth keyboard not working with surface pro 4

surface pro keyboard and Microsoft wireless Bluetooth keyboard not working with surface pro 4: I am having trouble with both of my keyboards the tablet cover and the wireless. I bought a new tablet cover thinking it was the old one and that did not work either. Then I connected it to the docking station where I use the Microsoft wireless keyboard and that is not...
  7. How do I reset the keyboard on my Surface Pro?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reset the keyboard on my Surface Pro?: I am running Windows 10 on a Microsoft Surface Pro. It came with a detachable keyboard that I use explicitly. Just recently the functions of my keyboard changed and I don't know how. For example, pressing a key and holding it down used to repeat the key. Now is only...
  8. Connecting keyboard to surface 4 pro

Connecting keyboard to surface 4 pro: I cannot get my keyboard to connect anymore to my surface pro 4. I re-set to default but this didn't help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-keyboard-to-surface-4-pro/b51b8035-a4b2-4f33-9640-17bf07822dc9
  9. Surface Pro 4 keyboard KEYS NOT WORKING

Surface Pro 4 keyboard KEYS NOT WORKING: Hallo Certain KEYS on My Surface Pro4 keyboard are not working. have a look at the Surface Pro4 Keyboard against what i have typed below and it will give you a clear indication of which keys are not working. KEYBOARD KEYS THAT ARE WORKING : THE MISSING GAPS SHOWS THE...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Keyboard malfunction

Surface Pro 4 Keyboard malfunction: My Surface Pro Keyboard Cover is behaving badly. When I boot the computer, it randomly sends strings of characters to the computer. Usually it does this at the login screen, producing an incorrect password before I can even input the correct one. I have been able to log in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 4 reset key without keyboard