Windows 10: How can I reset the admin password of a computer, if I can use the hard drive as external...

Discus and support How can I reset the admin password of a computer, if I can use the hard drive as external... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I have a computer from which I lost the password, but I can take the hard drive of to plug it into another computer. I can edit any files on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cube2kids, Sep 27, 2020.

1. How can I reset the admin password of a computer, if I can use the hard drive as external...

So, I have a computer from which I lost the password, but I can take the hard drive of to plug it into another computer. I can edit any files on the system that way. Can I reset the admin password that way ? Thanks

submitted by /u/cube2kids
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cube2kids, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 27, 2020
  3. xBruce88x Win User
    hard drive/bios password reset

My friend put a password in the bios for the hard drive and for the "admin" in the bios. its a dell latitude e5500. i tried pulling the battery and cmos battery out to reset but that didn't help. any ideas?

xBruce88x, Sep 27, 2020
  4. How can I reset the admin password of a computer, if I can use the hard drive as external...

How to lock my external hard drive with password?

So i want when i connect my external hard drive in an other person computer to require a password if yes how?

TheUninvited, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

How can I reset the admin password of a computer, if I can use the hard drive as external...

1. How can I reset the admin password of a computer, if I can use the hard drive as external... - Similar Threads - reset admin password

2. How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?: When we try to install it asks for an Admin Password that no one knows in the office for one PC. I asked Microsoft Support at 1-877-568-2495. They referred me to mircrosoftsupport.com. Person said to submit a request and someone would contact me. But it only took me to the...
  3. How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?: When we try to install it asks for an Admin Password that no one knows in the office for one PC. I asked Microsoft Support at 1-877-568-2495. They referred me to mircrosoftsupport.com. Person said to submit a request and someone would contact me. But it only took me to the...
  4. How can I reformat a external hard drive while on a school computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I reformat a external hard drive while on a school computer.: For some context my home computer had broke in a new update 22H2. So I had to rely on my school laptop for everything, including reformatting a external hard drive to fix my old computer. I had tired everything I could read but to avail. So this is my last option. The only...
  5. How can I reformat a external hard drive while on a school computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reformat a external hard drive while on a school computer.: For some context my home computer had broke in a new update 22H2. So I had to rely on my school laptop for everything, including reformatting a external hard drive to fix my old computer. I had tired everything I could read but to avail. So this is my last option. The only...
  6. How can I reformat a external hard drive while on a school computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How can I reset a local admin password if I dont know the password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I reset a local admin password if I dont know the password?: Hello, I recently started using an old laptop of mine again as I got some new parts for it. However I only have access to the one local account which does not have admin rights. I don't remember what the admin password is as it has been quite a while since I have used this...
  8. Can I install Windows 10 using an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I install Windows 10 using an external hard drive?: Hello I wanted to set up my computer again and wanted to ask if this is only possible with a USB stick and a CD or if it also works with an external hard disk. Kann ich Windows 10 über eine externe Festplatte installieren?
  9. How can I view an admin password instead of resetting it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I view an admin password instead of resetting it?: Is there any bootable os I could use or is a way I could just view or see it. I don't mind if I have to pay for it. If this is not the right subreddit to post this one pls tell me which one to post on. submitted by /u/Qryza [link] [comments]...
  10. Can I Reset my password on my Admin.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I Reset my password on my Admin.: Can I reset my password on my Admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reset-my-password-on-my-admin/89ab2676-6629-4158-acff-3dc760a7e650