Windows 10: How can I reset update orchestrator tasks to defaults?

Discus and support How can I reset update orchestrator tasks to defaults? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I was hit with the bug people are talking about with pc being woke etc by update orchestrator. This happened on only 1 of my 3 pcs oddly enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by klepp0906, Feb 4, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

How can I reset update orchestrator tasks to defaults?

So I was hit with the bug people are talking about with pc being woke etc by update orchestrator.

This happened on only 1 of my 3 pcs oddly enough after a recent update.

Ages ago this happened and I’d long since disabled wake timers for that very reason.

Problem is - the pc in question won’t sleep once it is awake, due to the same task.

In an effort to sort this mess and regain parity amongst my 3 pcs, I used psexec to look at the update orchestrator folders amongst them.

All 3 are slightly different and I’m unsure which one is “right” or out of the box.

I have noticed on my main pc I’m not getting update notifications like on my secondary so thinking that may have something to do.

Either way, I’m looking for a way to get the folder back to stock. How windows sets it. A way to know which tasks should be present and how they should be set.

:)

klepp0906, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Noela Tum Win User

Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer

Thanks for your reply. To help resolve your concern with the Update Orchestrator, please follow the steps below:

• Go to the Task Scheduler.
    • Double-click Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select and double-click Microsoft.
    • Select and double-click Windows.
    • Choose Update Orchestrator.
    • Right-click on Reboot.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Conditions.
    • Under Power options, uncheck "Wake the computer to run this task".
    You may also disable all wake timers for your computer under Power options.

We're looking forward to your response.

Noela Tum, Feb 4, 2020
  3. jrclen Win User
    I want to re-enable update orchestrator

A while back I took steps to stop windows incessant updates.

One of the steps I took was to disable the update orchestrator items in task scheduler. Now I want to re-enable those items but I get a message saying "this user account does not have permission to enable this task."

I am logged in to my local account as an administrator. How do I re-enable automatic updates? Thanks.

jrclen, Feb 4, 2020
  4. How can I reset update orchestrator tasks to defaults?

Update Orchestrator Reboot

Hi Ken,

To help resolve your concern with Orchestrator Reboot, you may follow the steps below:

• Go to the Task Scheduler.
    • Double-click Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select and double-click Microsoft.
    • Select and double-click Windows.
    • Choose UpdateOrchestrator.
    • Right-click on Reboot.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Conditions.
    • Under Power options, uncheck "Wake the computer to run this task".

You may also disable all wake timers for your computer under Power options.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

How can I reset update orchestrator tasks to defaults?

1. How can I reset update orchestrator tasks to defaults? - Similar Threads - reset update orchestrator

2. How can I reset my certificate manager to default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I reset my certificate manager to default?: I have downloaded a few self-signed certificates for developing purposes but now I want to reset my certificate manager to its default instead of restoring my PC. Is there a way or a command I can run to reset my certificate manager?...
  3. Update Orchestrator Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Orchestrator Service: The "Update Orchestrator Service" does not start. The System event log shows the following: The Update Orchestrator Service service failed to start due to the following error: The parameter is incorrect.In Settings-->Windows Update the following is displayed: Something went...
  4. How can I reset default brightness settings?

How can I reset default brightness settings?: Hello.I have a Lenovo Legion 5 and a few days ago, when I unplugged the computer, it would lower the brightness. When I plugged it back in, the original brightness level returned.However, when I now disconnect or connect the power plug, the brightness stays the same. How can...
  5. How can I fix this? I mean how to reset to default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I fix this? I mean how to reset to default settings: How can I fix this? I mean how to reset to default settings [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-i-mean-how-to-reset-to-default/255c8097-ee28-48e1-8cd6-6180742fee85
  6. How to Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Windows Task Manager is a powerful tool used to provide information about the program and processes running on your computer. You might have noticed […] This article How to Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  7. How to Kill Update Orchestrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Kill Update Orchestrator: I posted this last night when I was woken up by this stupid service but it must have gotten buried. My computer keeps turning on from sleep. This is from the command: powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type:...
  8. How to stop Update Orchestrator Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop Update Orchestrator Service: How do I stop Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service? I have tried almost every available way but did not work, tried to stop it from services, gpedit, regedit, task manger, and now CPU usage is 75%....
  9. How can I keep Update Orchestrator from waking my computer.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I keep Update Orchestrator from waking my computer.: Update Orchestrator is constantly waking up my computer. I disabled the ability for my mouse and keyboard to wake my computer , I also turned off wake timers, and turned off Update Orchestrator in "Services". In the Command Window it says Update Orchestrator is the one...
  10. how to reset task view to default settings?

how to reset task view to default settings?: my task view is changing to grid, how can i change it to default straight line again?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-reset-task-view-to-default-settings/0615e04f-f717-412c-8ac2-58172212340d