Windows 10: How can I reset "User folders" ( documents, downloads,... etc) to their default arrange and...

Discus and support How can I reset "User folders" ( documents, downloads,... etc) to their default arrange and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I try to change my user folders from C:\Users to D:\user_folder so they appeared in same folder and got all the same name .. could you help me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by maiskelani, Feb 15, 2019.

1. How can I reset "User folders" ( documents, downloads,... etc) to their default arrange and...

I try to change my user folders from C:\Users to D:\user_folder so they appeared in same folder and got all the same name ..

could you help me to reset them as they located when it was a new user without lost my data .

thank you

:)

maiskelani, Feb 15, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 15, 2019
  3. How can I switch the default user folder?

Hello,

We appreciate the information that you have provided us. However, we would like to know more about the issue. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you referring to the default folder location within the computer?
    • Is it specifically in the user profile or as a whole?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this page on
    how to change the default location of a folder
    . This pertains to the
    My Documents
    folder but it can work with other default user folder as well.

Do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 15, 2019
  4. ontodva Win User

How can I reset "User folders" ( documents, downloads,... etc) to their default arrange and...

Reset Windows 10 - lost Documents, Downloads folders

I am logged into the same account. There is no Windows.Old folder - I think I deleted it, woops. The documents and downloads folders were in the default locations and had never been moved.

If you are definitely supposed to keep the same documents and downloads folders with the same content after a reset, that is good. If I have to reset again I think I would move documents and downloads elsewhere in the tree just for reassurance.

ontodva, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

How can I reset "User folders" ( documents, downloads,... etc) to their default arrange and...

1. How can I reset "User folders" ( documents, downloads,... etc) to their default arrange and... - Similar Threads - reset User folders

2. OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder: I used to back up my Documents to OneDrive. That changed the default location of the document's folder. After a while, I unlinked that OneDrive account, but the default folder location did not change. Unfortunately, I still have files in that folder, and I get the following...
  3. OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder: I used to back up my Documents to OneDrive. That changed the default location of the document's folder. After a while, I unlinked that OneDrive account, but the default folder location did not change. Unfortunately, I still have files in that folder, and I get the following...
  4. How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and...: I try to change my user folders from C:\Users to D:\user_folder so they appeared in same folder and got all the same name .. could you help me to reset them as they located when it was a new user without lost my data .thank you...
  5. How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and...

How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and...: I try to change my user folders from C:\Users to D:\user_folder so they appeared in same folder and got all the same name .. could you help me to reset them as they located when it was a new user without lost my data .thank you...
  6. How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...
  8. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...
  9. How to rename admin user name folder for Documents, Pictures, etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to rename admin user name folder for Documents, Pictures, etc.: How do I correct the User Name folder after switching from a Microsoft Account to a Local Account on a new PC. I was able to set up a new admin user however, when reviewing the folder name for my documents, pictures, etc., it reflects an abbreviated form for my former...
  10. Help with arranging documents in a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with arranging documents in a folder: Hello, I have a few folders on my computer that I want to custom sort the word documents in them. I noticed there is a long list of different ways to sort documents in a folder, but I am not sure what most of them mean, or how to edit that option so they list the way I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 user shell folders reset

2. how to reset the folder documents

3. downloads folders says its documents

4. what is the default music folders name in win10,
  5. restore default OneDrive folders