Windows 10: How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and...

Discus and support How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I try to change my user folders from C:\Users to D:\user_folder so they appeared in same folder and got all the same name .. could you help me to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ashrafuzzaman Miraz, May 22, 2023.

1. How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and...

I try to change my user folders from C:\Users to D:\user_folder so they appeared in same folder and got all the same name .. could you help me to reset them as they located when it was a new user without lost my data .thank you

:)

Ashrafuzzaman Miraz, May 22, 2023

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 22, 2023
  3. Try3 Win User
    Merge Document Folders

Bob,

To remove any need for cross-referencing to that other thread I gave you a link to, here are the paras I was suggesting that you consider.

1 You can create a folder structure of your own on the HDD and just start using it. No grand schemes are required. No OS alterations are required.
    - It is common to have the following folders but they can be named & arranged however you want: Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures.
    - You will probably also want to create a Desktop folder [see #4 below].
    - You can also divide Documents into subfolders for your main lines of effort and each of these can be further subdivided.
    - Just by way of example & nothing more, my own Documents folder is divided into: Business, Personal, Common, Suppliers, InfoSys

2 You can augment that by opening each one of your applications and saving a test file to your Documents folder then opening a test file from that folder. Doing this makes most applications look there first in the future and that saves messing about browsing around the folders.

3 You can augment that by checking the Options / Preferences within each of you applications to see if a default folder can be nominated there as well.

4 You can augment that by 'relocating' the Desktop user folder [that has been created by Windows] to your HDD.
    - This is by default in C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Desktop but the system can be told to use the folder you have created on your HDD instead.
    - The TenForumsTutorial listed above can walk you through the whole procedure.

5 You can augment that by 'relocating' other user folders [that have been created by Windows] such as the Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures to your HDD.
    - These are by default in C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents etc but the system can be told to use the folders you have created on your HDD instead.
    - The TenForumsTutorials listed above can walk you through the whole procedure for each one.
    - Not everybody bothers with this step and some think that it conveys no benefit. I have done each of them.

Denis

4. Berton Win User

How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and...

User/profile is downloads folder

The "C:\Users\User\Downloads" is normal, Users is default with Windows install and User is the log-in name created when Windows is first set up. The default Folders list such as Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc., is normal under C:\Users\User\.

Berton, May 22, 2023
Thema:

How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and...

1. How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and... - Similar Threads - reset User folders

2. OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder: I used to back up my Documents to OneDrive. That changed the default location of the document's folder. After a while, I unlinked that OneDrive account, but the default folder location did not change. Unfortunately, I still have files in that folder, and I get the following...
  3. OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder: I used to back up my Documents to OneDrive. That changed the default location of the document's folder. After a while, I unlinked that OneDrive account, but the default folder location did not change. Unfortunately, I still have files in that folder, and I get the following...
  4. How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and...

How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and...: I try to change my user folders from C:\Users to D:\user_folder so they appeared in same folder and got all the same name .. could you help me to reset them as they located when it was a new user without lost my data .thank you...
  5. How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reset "User folders" documents, downloads,... etc to their default arrange and...: I try to change my user folders from C:\Users to D:\user_folder so they appeared in same folder and got all the same name .. could you help me to reset them as they located when it was a new user without lost my data .thank you...
  6. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...
  7. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...
  8. How to rename admin user name folder for Documents, Pictures, etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to rename admin user name folder for Documents, Pictures, etc.: How do I correct the User Name folder after switching from a Microsoft Account to a Local Account on a new PC. I was able to set up a new admin user however, when reviewing the folder name for my documents, pictures, etc., it reflects an abbreviated form for my former...
  9. How can I reset "User folders" ( documents, downloads,... etc) to their default arrange and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I reset "User folders" ( documents, downloads,... etc) to their default arrange and...: I try to change my user folders from C:\Users to D:\user_folder so they appeared in same folder and got all the same name .. could you help me to reset them as they located when it was a new user without lost my data . thank you...
  10. Help with arranging documents in a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with arranging documents in a folder: Hello, I have a few folders on my computer that I want to custom sort the word documents in them. I noticed there is a long list of different ways to sort documents in a folder, but I am not sure what most of them mean, or how to edit that option so they list the way I...