Windows 10: How can I resize the EFI partition

Discus and support How can I resize the EFI partition in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to increase the size of the efi partition from 100M to 512M but there is no available space next to the partition so i can't extand it, is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by I use Arch BTW, Sep 9, 2021.

1. How can I resize the EFI partition

I want to increase the size of the efi partition from 100M to 512M but there is no available space next to the partition so i can't extand it, is there a way to do that without risking my data?

:)

I use Arch BTW, Sep 9, 2021
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile How can I resize the EFI partition :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Cannot resize the system reserved partition

I just gave you the steps to delete the MSR (Microsoft Reserved) partition
    which is the third one in your screenshot
    , then resize C from the left, and EFI System to the right to make it larger.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 9, 2021
  4. How can I resize the EFI partition

Expanding EFI partition and moving MSR partition.

I would like to install Mac Os on this device. However I am limited by the size of the EFI partition. Mac Os requires at least 200mb. I have only 100mb. So I resized the Windows partition to leave 100mb unallocated. However I can't extend the EFI partition
    because there is a MSR partition in the way. https://puu.sh/rFbsz/e52c847706.png

I know both the EFI and MSR partition and very much required partitions for proper functioning and it is better to not mess with it. But I have to get the EFI to 200mb. So how to move the MSR partition. I am pretty familiar with DISKPART or other GUI based
    partition managers.

https://puu.sh/rFbsz/e52c847706.png

Aadithye Nandakumar, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

How can I resize the EFI partition

1. How can I resize the EFI partition - Similar Threads - resize EFI partition

2. can i move EFI Partitions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i move EFI Partitions?: I wanted to extend a particular partition Specifically drive C:, as I have about 80gb of unallocated space, and the C: partition is completely full, however, there is an EFI partition in the way, and as windows has no functionality with assigning two different sections of a...
  3. can i move EFI Partitions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i move EFI Partitions?: I wanted to extend a particular partition Specifically drive C:, as I have about 80gb of unallocated space, and the C: partition is completely full, however, there is an EFI partition in the way, and as windows has no functionality with assigning two different sections of a...
  4. can i move EFI Partitions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?: I have a desktop computer running windows 10 Pro. The partition containing C can be mirrored, but the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition cannot be mirrored. I want to make the disk created by mirroring bootable.Another computer is also running Windows 10 Pro, and...
  6. How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?: I have a desktop computer running windows 10 Pro. The partition containing C can be mirrored, but the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition cannot be mirrored. I want to make the disk created by mirroring bootable.Another computer is also running Windows 10 Pro, and...
  7. How can the EFI System Partition and the Recovery Partition be mirrored or created?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  9. Can not find my EFI partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can not find my EFI partition: [ATTACH] Hello, i ran into an issue this week when i decided i wanted to have dualboot manjaro and windows 10. The issue is being is that i apparently dont have an EFI partition although Windows boots normally. Is there a way to recreate one or should i just format my...
  10. Can I delete one EFI partition?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I delete one EFI partition?: Hi at all! I have used this procedure to move from Legacy BIOS to UEFI. Now msinfo32 shows UEFI, but I have two EFI partitions. See here: [img] Can I delete the third partition, without making my system unbootable? Thanks in advance! 75670

Users found this page by searching for:

1. efi 100M