Windows 10: How can I resolve my recent Windows update problems

Discus and support How can I resolve my recent Windows update problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; MY CURRENT PROBLEMS WITH UPDATING Windows version 21H1, Home, 64 bitStarting from EVERY launch of Windows on my PC I get the following problems:While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Clayto222, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Clayto222 Win User

How can I resolve my recent Windows update problems

MY CURRENT PROBLEMS WITH UPDATING Windows version 21H1, Home, 64 bitStarting from EVERY launch of Windows on my PC I get the following problems:While launching, 'Updating Windows' is displayed, with a brief countdown to 100%When I check Services, I find Update has been DISABLED, I change it to AUTOMATIC START but in a short whil

:)

Clayto222, Sep 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Sep 17, 2021
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 17, 2021
  4. How can I resolve my recent Windows update problems

Windows Update problem

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As Gerry is working on the dump files, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists then,

Step 3: I suggest you to try the steps from the link to
    Reset Windows Update components and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you
    follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

How can I resolve my recent Windows update problems

1. How can I resolve my recent Windows update problems - Similar Threads - resolve recent update

2. How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?: I believe the 4 problems listed below are tied to the same Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Problem #1, Wired LAN connection: I am having trouble setting up a wired ethernet connection between two PCs: a new Dell...
  3. How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?: I believe the 4 problems listed below are tied to the same Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Problem #1, Wired LAN connection: I am having trouble setting up a wired ethernet connection between two PCs: a new Dell...
  4. How can I resolve this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I resolve this?: Good afternoon! Appeared to me Aptio Setup Utility, but I don't see any tab saying advanced. How can I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-resolve-this/76a625ca-aa70-4fcd-9203-2c8d2b62b97a
  5. How can I resolve this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I resolve this?: Good afternoon! Appeared to me Aptio Setup Utility, but I don't see any tab saying advanced. How can I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-resolve-this/76a625ca-aa70-4fcd-9203-2c8d2b62b97a
  6. How can I resolve this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to resolve an Antimalware problem that began with the most recent Windows 10 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to resolve an Antimalware problem that began with the most recent Windows 10 update: Ever since the March 9, Windows Update, the Antimalware Service Executable has been running continuously 15+ hours of full scan without terminating. I'm running Windows 10 Home version 20H2. Task Manager doesn't allow me to kill the process, which very seriously slows down...
  8. Problems with recent windows updates, anything I can do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with recent windows updates, anything I can do?: I havent see people talking much about this, so I guess it is something with my computer so any advice or ideas would be good. Preemptive TL:DR: I guess there might be a problem with my computers start up that causes the updates to fail. Anybody got any experience of this,...
  9. How can I resolve "this build of windows will expire soon" problem?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I resolve "this build of windows will expire soon" problem?: Hi all, because of some of my apps corrupted I've uninstall the "Windows 10 Insider Preview 20161.1000 rs_prerelease" update but after that "this build of windows will expire soon" message has begun to appear. I couldn't re-update to this release because "Windows 10 Insider...
  10. How can I resolve this probleme?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I resolve this probleme?: [ATTACH] One day, this window appear, and when I close it, that will reappear later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-resolve-this-probleme/37e6760b-24d6-4ba6-955c-9048a1f01980