Windows 10: How can I restore function to the start menu?

Discus and support How can I restore function to the start menu? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My start meu and Windows Key is not working. No pop up window. As well the StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is missing. Tried a number of things using Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Simpson Simpson, Apr 2, 2023.

1. How can I restore function to the start menu?

My start meu and Windows Key is not working. No pop up window. As well the StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is missing. Tried a number of things using Task Manager including a restart WindowsExplorer, no affect. Prior to that the Task Bar disappeared. I managed to get it to reappear, it has shifted to the left. Lucklily the other applications are visible and working.

:)

Simpson Simpson, Apr 2, 2023

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Apr 2, 2023
  3. Quick Menu of Start (power user menus) failed to function

yes the start menu function y/n same as the other user.i got mobility centre not working

- - - Updated - - -

steve, i am still doing step 5 of dism, should i go to step 8 which is restart the computer after step 5 or shall i do step 6 or 7 first and restart?

Anthonywkho, Apr 2, 2023
  4. How can I restore function to the start menu?

Start menu out of functioning

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if that helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

Fix problems with the Start menu - Microsoft Support

Please let us know if the issues with the Start menu got resolved after following the steps mentioned in the article. If the issue still persists, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

How can I restore function to the start menu?

1. How can I restore function to the start menu? - Similar Threads - restore function start

2. How can I restore function to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore function to the start menu?: My start meu and Windows Key is not working. No pop up window. As well the StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is missing. Tried a number of things using Task Manager including a restart WindowsExplorer, no affect. Prior to that the Task Bar disappeared. I managed to get it to...
  3. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  4. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  5. Start menu not functioning

Start menu not functioning: I recently built a new PC and installed windows 10 on it. However, whenever the windows key or logo in the bottom left of the screen is clicked, the search bar disappears and nothing else happens....
  6. start menu and taskbar is not functioning

start menu and taskbar is not functioning: what should I do to fix the start menu and taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar-is-not-functioning/83811cce-2f9b-43de-9a33-7036cdec4a22
  7. Start menu functions

Start menu functions: I'm running latest version of Windows 10. After a recent update the "Search" option in the Start button doesn't work. Also I've discovered that the "Command Prompt" and "Command Prompt (Admin)" don't work. I've looked around to try and reinstall the start menu but without...
  8. is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ?: Hi is there a bat file to backup and restore the start menu ? thanks 19253
  9. How do I restore Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I restore Start Menu Apps: Over time, I've deleted almost all the Apps that showed in the Start menu. Now I'd like to put them all back and set the Start Menu so it shows all the original Apps. I've run this command from a Elevated Power Shell several times and it runs to completion then stops and...
  10. Start Menu not functioning

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not functioning: Hi,Im Fatcat from Asia. Just installed Win 10 Ent. Found out that Start Menu which contains few functions refused to work - every time I click the items, it wont execute...please refer to the image. regards. [img] 22569