Windows 10: How Can I restore my computer back to factory new condition?

Discus and support How Can I restore my computer back to factory new condition? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I restore my new (used) Dell laptop computer back to factory new condition? It had windows 10 put on it but originally, was windows 7. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DebbyJ, Aug 13, 2020.

1. DebbyJ Win User

How Can I restore my computer back to factory new condition?

How can I restore my new (used) Dell laptop computer back to factory new condition? It had windows 10 put on it but originally, was windows 7. I tried to get F8 to open up so I can run the restore process - but it stubbornly refuses to do so. In fact, only F2 and I think - F12 - opens up when I press those F keys. Don't worry about my backing up files I wanted saved - I already did that to a flash drive. I read and listened to advice online on how to do the restore process - but no luck, so far. The demonstrator's computers were different from mine.

I ran the recovery process I saw in the Control panel, under the heading, "Backup and Restore (WIndows 7) since I couldn't get to the one that does a factory new one. After it was through, I see only one program listed in programs in the Control panel. Odd. But the blue bar in my PC shows it looks as full as before, if I remember right.

I am not able to get online any better than I had been before the process. I'll appreciate if you can help me figure out how to get that restore back to factory new condition - running.

:)

DebbyJ, Aug 13, 2020
  2. AjayK47 Win User

Revert to factory condition after installation of WIN 10

Is it possible to still revert a PC to the original factory condition using the factory restore partition after Windows 10 has been installed or does the installation of WIN 10 prevent that? None of the other options to do a restore back to the original WIN 7 (as purchased new) are available to me.

AjayK47, Aug 13, 2020
  3. ecobranon Win User
    Restoring to Factory Settings?

How do I restore a Nokia n900 to a like new condition?

i.e. all settings restored to the factory and all data, apps, etc removed?

Thanks

ecobranon, Aug 13, 2020
  4. TimGee1 Win User

Re-installing Windows vs. Restore to factory conditions

Hello.

In Windows 10, is re-installing Windows and Restore to factory conditions the same thing?

I have had a virus on my computer that won't go away and I would really like to restore it to factory conditions. I have already re-installed windows 3 times in the last month and the problem remains. I remember in older windows versions, I could hit
    F10 continuously upon start-up and perhaps go into Safe Mode.

If someone could provide me instructions on how to do this, I would really appreciate it.

If you want the longer version of my issue, it is as follows.......

----------------------------------------------

In the last month or so windows will open a new tab randomly. If I hit the back button or try to go to another website, it simply open up more tabs. The computer then freezes for several minutes and I can't do anything. It happens
    with both Google and Edge browsers. (Please note - this is not me simply clicking on a website and it opening in another window. But rather, clicking the back button or another website and it opening the current page in multiple tabs - sometimes as many
    as 10).

I have tried the following all to no avail:

Clearing history

Re-start (multiple times per day)

Disk Cleanup

Ccleaner

Clear Temp files

Windows Defender scans (including 1 off-line scan)

McAfee scans

Malware bytes - free version

Re-installing windows (including at least 1 clean installation)

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

Tim

TimGee1, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. How Can I restore my computer back to factory new condition? - Similar Threads - restore computer factory

2. How do Im restore my computer to factory condition ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do Im restore my computer to factory condition ?: I wish to clear my hard disk of all data in order to pass my computer on to some one else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-im-restore-my-computer-to-factory-condition/42933bed-adeb-4122-ba58-0a12e4ee81e0
  3. How do Im restore my computer to factory condition ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do Im restore my computer to factory condition ?: I wish to clear my hard disk of all data in order to pass my computer on to some one else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-im-restore-my-computer-to-factory-condition/42933bed-adeb-4122-ba58-0a12e4ee81e0
  4. How can I restore a computer to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore a computer to factory settings?: How can I restore a computer to factory settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-a-computer-to-factory-settings/d42b9b95-77ba-4cce-88b0-a7b746738460
  5. How can I restore a computer to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore a computer to factory settings?: How can I restore a computer to factory settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-a-computer-to-factory-settings/d42b9b95-77ba-4cce-88b0-a7b746738460
  6. How Can I restore my computer back to factory new condition?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How Can I restore my computer back to factory new condition?: Hi! How can I restore my computer back to factory new condition? Only F2 and F12 keys work. I only have 2 programs listed in my programs in the COntrol panel.I tried downloading windows 10 system from Microsoft site - downloaded it to a 16 GB flash drive and then put it into...
  7. How Can I restore my computer back to factory new condition?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can I restore my computer back to factory new condition?: How can I restore my new (used) Dell laptop computer back to factory new condition? It had windows 10 put on it but originally, was windows 7. I tried to get F8 to open up so I can run the restore process - but it stubbornly refuses to do so. In fact, only F2 and I think -...
  8. Return to Factory condition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Return to Factory condition: My wife has an HP notebook with windows 10 installed (don't know what version (probably home) of Windows 10 it is). It has a virus (says from Microsoft, but locks the computer up every time it open) that comes up when any browser is opened. I need to know how to return the...
  9. how can I restore my windows 10 computer back to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can I restore my windows 10 computer back to factory settings?: How can I return my computer with window 10 to factory settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-my-windows-10-computer-back-to/62f7581b-69a2-4e39-bafe-dc531b7994ea
  10. How to restore my computer using Windows 10 back to factory reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to restore my computer using Windows 10 back to factory reset: Please help I downloaded Google Chrome and picked up bundled adware with it specifically V9 and I cannot delete Chrome as it keeps telling me to close all programs when there is nothing open. I am not computer savy and don't know what to do. Everytime I open Chrome along with...