Windows 10: How Can I Restore Thumbnails After Changing Photo Viewing Programs?

Discus and support How Can I Restore Thumbnails After Changing Photo Viewing Programs? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A friend of mine uses CorelDRAW x7 as his photo viewer, and he downloaded the CorelDRAW 2020 free trial to see if it was worth upgrading. After he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/greatnameforreddit, Jun 22, 2020.

1. How Can I Restore Thumbnails After Changing Photo Viewing Programs?

A friend of mine uses CorelDRAW x7 as his photo viewer, and he downloaded the CorelDRAW 2020 free trial to see if it was worth upgrading. After he removed the 2020 program, Windows still tries to use *it* to generate thumbnails and fails, then just puts the program icon in place. The system setting to show thumbnails is on. The photos still open fine using x7 but he'd like to see thumbnails again.

submitted by /u/greatnameforreddit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/greatnameforreddit, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Jun 22, 2020
  4. How Can I Restore Thumbnails After Changing Photo Viewing Programs?

Photo thumbnail picture

Found this is the easier way: the blue area marked organize/new folder way to right u 3 icons box w/down arrow(STOP, here to choose what size pic u want, done, over), 3 paned window , blue ?!!!

https://goo.gl/photos/xqGNuvGuxn5GXEtC9

booksbenji, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

How Can I Restore Thumbnails After Changing Photo Viewing Programs?

1. How Can I Restore Thumbnails After Changing Photo Viewing Programs? - Similar Threads - Restore Thumbnails Changing

2. I can no longer view all files: photos, folders. How can I intervene to restore everything,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer view all files: photos, folders. How can I intervene to restore everything,...: I can no longer view all files: photos, folders. How can I intervene to restore everything, even by paying? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-no-longer-view-all-files-photos-folders-how/14bd6767-5a15-45b1-9fd4-96968a8dc3d8
  3. I can no longer view all files: photos, folders. How can I intervene to restore everything,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can no longer view all files: photos, folders. How can I intervene to restore everything,...: I can no longer view all files: photos, folders. How can I intervene to restore everything, even by paying? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-no-longer-view-all-files-photos-folders-how/14bd6767-5a15-45b1-9fd4-96968a8dc3d8
  4. how do I restore thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I restore thumbnails?: media plays fine but the thumbnails disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-thumbnails/ce0127ea-1f99-4d85-806d-19c2c74a14b3
  5. How to restore photo thumbnail images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore photo thumbnail images: All my thumbnail views of my photos have this annoying green box with a checkmark. Where did they come from? How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-photo-thumbnail-images/53181d34-d2bc-42fc-805b-91e405ec452d
  6. Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced.....

Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced.....: Had this problem: Took a picture rotated on my iphone. Save pic to Windows 10 laptop. Opened picture in MS Office Picture Manger**, rotated the picture to taste, save it. Closed MSOPM, Now picture is rotated wrong in thumbnail. This is incredibly annoying, esepcially if you...
  7. i cant see images...? only this.. but i can view photos on photos program...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i cant see images...? only this.. but i can view photos on photos program...?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Makezu90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fmzg9s/i_cant_see_images_only_this_but_i_can_view_photos/
  8. Need Help Restoring the Thumbnail View of My Art Program's Files

Need Help Restoring the Thumbnail View of My Art Program's Files: Hi everyone, thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Let me begin by saying I've had this same problem plaguing me since Build 1703. You see, I'm an illustrator and when I have multiple versions of an image I've drawn (e.g. drawing1a, drawing1b) saved from my art...
  9. view thumbnails of photos

view thumbnails of photos: Good day I have tried all the usual fixes for this problem clicking the check marks in view , making sure I am in lg or ex lg view. still only can get the photo app icon to view. this is in all my photo folders Peter...
  10. How can I view thumbnail of images in folders and drives

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I view thumbnail of images in folders and drives: Hello, In windows 8 when I opened lets say documents or pictures and I had pictures in there it showed the picture instead of a image like the attached one. How do I get back to being able to see the image? Its driving me insane I cant find the setting... Thanks! [img]...