Windows 10: How can I retain formatting when copy/pasting from MS Wordpad to Google Docs?

Discus and support How can I retain formatting when copy/pasting from MS Wordpad to Google Docs? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know how I could copy paste text from MS Wordpad to Google Docs while retaining bolding, which gets lost in the process? I've tried going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dimitri, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Dimitri Win User

How can I retain formatting when copy/pasting from MS Wordpad to Google Docs?

Does anyone know how I could copy paste text from MS Wordpad to Google Docs while retaining bolding, which gets lost in the process?

I've tried going Wordpad->Word->Docs and that will retain formatting, but it also bizarrely adds paragraph spacing after the paragraph once the text is pasted into Docs, even tho there is no paragraph spacing neither in Wordpad nor Word.

Dimitri, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To clear the Recent Docs list in Wordpad, please refer the steps mentioned below:

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

1. Close Wordpad.
    2. Type Command Prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    3. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    4. Now, copy the following command and paste in Command Prompt window:
      cmd /k reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Wordpad\Recent File List" /f
      and hit Enter.
    5. After executing the command, restart the computer, open
      Wordpad and check Recent Docs list.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Please fix Cut and Paste for Google Docs

Hi. I often have to use Google Docs, but would be happy to use Microsoft Edge. Unfortunately, when I use cut and paste within google docs, the formatting gets messed up (e.g., italics are lost, and then its pasted into some weird format in the target Google
    docs. Google's response is to "contact the browser's developers" if you can believe this!

PencilBoy99, Jan 28, 2021
  4. John Ado Win User

windows 10 upgrade format problems in pasting word docs into emails

Hi Pip'smom,

We'd like to learn more about your concern. Help us verify the following:

• Can you show us a screenshot of what the statement looks like in Word and in your email? Use the Snipping Tool.
    • Which version of Office are you using?
    • Were you able to copy and paste the same formatting from other sources, like Word online, Google Docs, etc?

We look forward to your response.

John Ado, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. How can I retain formatting when copy/pasting from MS Wordpad to Google Docs? - Similar Threads - retain formatting copy

2. MS Paint copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint copy and paste: Hello, Ever since the new Windows 11 update, MS paint keep resizing my pictures. Everytime I copy a MS paint picture in MS powerpoint or MS word, my picture is smaller exactly 28%. Resizing it causes a loss in image quality. do not compress in advance options of MS powerpoint...
  3. MS Paint copy and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint copy and paste: Hello, Ever since the new Windows 11 update, MS paint keep resizing my pictures. Everytime I copy a MS paint picture in MS powerpoint or MS word, my picture is smaller exactly 28%. Resizing it causes a loss in image quality. do not compress in advance options of MS powerpoint...
  4. How can I copy and paste image properties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I copy and paste image properties.: I want to copy and paste image properties to another application to edit and print for photos given as gifts. I want to edit the properties to show the most important information such as Date, time, location, f-stop, ISO, shutter speed, etc. The properties window itself in...
  5. How can I copy and paste image properties.

How can I copy and paste image properties.: I want to copy and paste image properties to another application to edit and print for photos given as gifts. I want to edit the properties to show the most important information such as Date, time, location, f-stop, ISO, shutter speed, etc. The properties window itself in...
  6. Copy & paste on MS Works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy & paste on MS Works: My MS brand mouse used to copy & paste on MS Works, but no longer does. It does work on other data bases. I do not use MS Office. I am 66, and therefore tech-retarded, but I have been using several computers since 2002. It is very tedious to enter the same data over and over...
  7. cannot copy paste WITH formatting

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot copy paste WITH formatting: Hi, my computer used to copy and paste with formatting just fine. For a few weeks now it cannot copy and paste with formatting. I've tried ctrl + C and ctrl + V, but it doesn't work. I've also tried just using right clicks on the mouse and it does not work. This is not...
  8. Paste within or between Word docs loses formatting

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Paste within or between Word docs loses formatting: I use Word (Office 365; Win 10 Pro 1903) for music lead sheets. I have the guitar chords in a larger font on a line above the lyric. If I try to copy the line of chords (in red in the following screenshot), and then paste it into the 3rd line above the line "The oranges are...
  9. MS Paint copy and paste

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Paint copy and paste: Since around the 12th August update I have had a problem with MS Paint (not the 3D version). Trying to copy and paste small areas of a picture still works as before but not if you then want to move the pasted bit. Pasted bits below a certain number of pixels can't be moved...
  10. How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?

How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?: How do you close a single file and/or clear a file from the Recent Docs list in Wordpad? This applies to using Wordpad from any device. ***Modified title from: Closing files in Wordpad ***...