Windows 10: How Can I Retrieve WD 2TB Passport Encrypted Files?

Discus and support How Can I Retrieve WD 2TB Passport Encrypted Files? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi Group: My WD Passport was first attached to my XP PC, which is now defunct. I made several folders/directories encrypted. I am able to see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by VinceB, Nov 10, 2018.

1. VinceB Win User

How Can I Retrieve WD 2TB Passport Encrypted Files?

Hi Group:

My WD Passport was first attached to my XP PC, which is now defunct. I made several folders/directories encrypted. I am able to see the attribute DAE next to the folder of interest Name within File Manager.

Is it possible, now that the Passport is connected to a Win10-64 OS, to retrieve those encrypted files? Can some one provide a procedure for me to follow to accomplish this task?

(If I am successful in retrieving the files, then my plan is to wipe the Passport drive clean and put it into a backup storage scheme along with the recently purchased Seagate 5TB Backup Plus Hun drive. )

Regards,

:)

VinceB, Nov 10, 2018

2. WD Passport 2TB External Wireless Hard Drive

After starting up my Passport and downloading file my PC gave me a warning saying this file may damage my PC. The Passport Pro seems to be working fine and when I asked WD Passport support about whether or not it was safe, they told me I should ssk Microsoft.

ArthurFishel1, Nov 10, 2018
  3. BillOrrTX Win User
    WD Passport

How can I open a WD My Passport to view my files

BillOrrTX, Nov 10, 2018
  4. How Can I Retrieve WD 2TB Passport Encrypted Files?

WD Passport

How can I open a WD My Passport to view my files

AuntieWild, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

How Can I Retrieve WD 2TB Passport Encrypted Files?

1. How Can I Retrieve WD 2TB Passport Encrypted Files? - Similar Threads - Retrieve 2TB Passport

2. Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.: I need help with an external hard drive not working on my laptop computer. The external drive is a WD My Passport 2tb. I'm running Windows 11. I am not a computer literate when it comes to something not working right out of the box. I did try several "hacks" recommended on...
  3. Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.: I need help with an external hard drive not working on my laptop computer. The external drive is a WD My Passport 2tb. I'm running Windows 11. I am not a computer literate when it comes to something not working right out of the box. I did try several "hacks" recommended on...
  4. cant open files saved on WD passport

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open files saved on WD passport: When I open my files on my WD passport, I can open PDF files and some MP3 files. but I can't open any word documents or other videos. All my pictures, music and documents have been saved on the WD passport under: C, users, leanne me, one drive. The files of my documents,...
  5. cant open files saved on WD passport

cant open files saved on WD passport: When I open my files on my WD passport, I can open PDF files and some MP3 files. but I can't open any word documents or other videos. All my pictures, music and documents have been saved on the WD passport under: C, users, leanne me, one drive. The files of my documents,...
  6. WD passport Not recognize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD passport Not recognize: i have hp pavilion dv5 notebook pc, & it d foes not recognize my WD passport, it shows the driver, & it says that it's working ok, go to my computer & it shows disk F, disk G disk C, but it does not shoe a letter for my WD passport,...
  7. WD passport Not recognize

WD passport Not recognize: i have hp pavilion dv5 notebook pc, & it d foes not recognize my WD passport, it shows the driver, & it says that it's working ok, go to my computer & it shows disk F, disk G disk C, but it does not shoe a letter for my WD passport,...
  8. WD My Passport

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Passport: Hi. I have just purchased a Microsoft Laptop which unfortunately won't read my WD My Passport. does anyone have a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-passport/b3cf90e5-c78b-4104-a67e-e25c5faea50a
  9. restoring my files from wd passport

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restoring my files from wd passport: My old computer completely died but I made backups using control panel to my wd passport. How do I transfer the programs/files from the passport to my new compter?...
  10. wd passport

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wd passport: I reloaded my windows 10 after a crash . But the WD password does not seems to find my files to be downloaded back to the PC . Even the WD program disappeared from the drive . What I have to do to get my files back ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my passport wd installation windows 10

2. my passport backup

3. passport backup

4. how to view back up files on wd passport,
  5. Why cant i open my backup file from my passport ultra,
  6. how do i view encrypted files on wd portable,
  7. wd passport encrypted drive windows 10,
  8. my passport wd installation,
  9. cant get into wd encrypted drive,
  10. wd my passport ultra not working,
  11. wd software installer windows 10,
  12. trying to back up files from laptop to My Passport but they will not open,
  13. how to use passport backup,
  14. my passport ultra not running,
  15. backing up files to my passport ultra by wd