Windows 10: How Can I Retrieve WD 2TB Passport Encrypted Files?

Discus and support How Can I Retrieve WD 2TB Passport Encrypted Files? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi Group: My WD Passport was first attached to my XP PC, which is now defunct. I made several folders/directories encrypted. I am able to see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by VinceB, Nov 10, 2018.

1. VinceB Win User

How Can I Retrieve WD 2TB Passport Encrypted Files?

Hi Group:

My WD Passport was first attached to my XP PC, which is now defunct. I made several folders/directories encrypted. I am able to see the attribute DAE next to the folder of interest Name within File Manager.

Is it possible, now that the Passport is connected to a Win10-64 OS, to retrieve those encrypted files? Can some one provide a procedure for me to follow to accomplish this task?

(If I am successful in retrieving the files, then my plan is to wipe the Passport drive clean and put it into a backup storage scheme along with the recently purchased Seagate 5TB Backup Plus Hun drive. )

Regards,

:)

VinceB, Nov 10, 2018

2. WD Passport 2TB External Wireless Hard Drive

After starting up my Passport and downloading file my PC gave me a warning saying this file may damage my PC. The Passport Pro seems to be working fine and when I asked WD Passport support about whether or not it was safe, they told me I should ssk Microsoft.

ArthurFishel1, Nov 10, 2018
  3. BillOrrTX Win User
    WD Passport

How can I open a WD My Passport to view my files

BillOrrTX, Nov 10, 2018
  4. How Can I Retrieve WD 2TB Passport Encrypted Files?

WD Passport

How can I open a WD My Passport to view my files

AuntieWild, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

How Can I Retrieve WD 2TB Passport Encrypted Files?

1. How Can I Retrieve WD 2TB Passport Encrypted Files? - Similar Threads - Retrieve 2TB Passport

2. wd passport

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wd passport: I reloaded my windows 10 after a crash . But the WD password does not seems to find my files to be downloaded back to the PC . Even the WD program disappeared from the drive . What I have to do to get my files back ?...
  3. I have a Western Digital 1 Tb My Passport how can I encrypt it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a Western Digital 1 Tb My Passport how can I encrypt it?: How can I encrypt it, cause I can use BitLocker, but since is so big the external hard drive I would like some help here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-western-digital-1-tb-my-passport-how-can/b352ac18-65c7-4ac7-a7cf-dd9cb102b7eb"
  4. How do I open retrieved files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I open retrieved files?: I just purchased a new HP computer Windows 10. I used the Western Digital software to retrieve the files that I had on my old computer (laptop) that I had stored on a Western Digital external hard drive (MY Passport} The files were successfully retrieved as far as I can...
  5. How can i retrieve yesterdays gmail in box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i retrieve yesterdays gmail in box: I want to print a message which was deleted yesterday https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-retrieve-yesterdays-gmail-in-box/59de2514-e42e-46c3-a7d0-a7b694dac52d"
  6. WD My Passport Ultra - Not working for backup

WD My Passport Ultra - Not working for backup: My windows 10 computer is recognizing this device for saving/opening files but will not recognize it as a device for backup. I am also unable to open the WD Backup app to run scheduled backups through that; I have used this device and app on this windows 10 computer but it...
  7. WD My Passport external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD My Passport external hard drive: I am CONSTANTLY prompted to Re-Connect my Backup harddrive bc some files did not backup. I try to look at files but cant open and the files are tiny. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT TROJAN FILES ? Are they old orphan files from some uninstalled app. I KNOW, a list of files and...
  8. Error 0x800701E3 WD my passport extra

Error 0x800701E3 WD my passport extra: Hi Roomies, I replaced my motherboard and reinstall win 10 pro and everything is running good. But I think I had this portable WD HDD (usb 3.0) plug in when my old motherboard when down and that is why I'm getting this error. Can someone please help me, I was to save...
  9. WD Passport causing Explorer.exe problems...

WD Passport causing Explorer.exe problems...: Hi all, So, I'm new to the forums and appreciate any direction/help that I can get. I searched but did not see another thread that would be better to post this in... I use a WD My Passport Ultra (1TB) to store live music mp3s on. For many months everything was working...
  10. WD My passport not Recognized when Plugged in

WD My passport not Recognized when Plugged in: How many computers do you have and on how many computers have you tried it on ? Have you installed WD Smartware on the one computer on which it is accessible? What is the OS in it? Please plug it in any one Windows 10 computer that is not yours and that which does not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my passport wd installation windows 10

2. passport backup

3. cant get into wd encrypted drive

4. wd my passport ultra not working,
  5. my passport backup,
  6. wd software installer windows 10,
  7. trying to back up files from laptop to My Passport but they will not open,
  8. how to use passport backup,
  9. my passport ultra not running,
  10. backing up files to my passport ultra by wd,
  11. backup my passport with windows,