Windows 10: How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state?

Discus and support How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I turn on the computer after I installed Windows 11, my taskbar no longer has any icons, no search, no icons or time or anything. So I used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by George Chen gchen21, Jan 21, 2022.

1. How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state?

When I turn on the computer after I installed Windows 11, my taskbar no longer has any icons, no search, no icons or time or anything. So I used the shortcut function to open settings, but it crashes on startup, so I cannot open settings to revert my version. I have tried everything including restarting file explorer, restarting my entire computer in cmd etc. None of it has worked.

:)

George Chen gchen21, Jan 21, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 21, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state?

1. How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state? - Similar Threads - revert computer state

2. How can I revert back to my old user on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I revert back to my old user on my computer?: Background: While using command prompt, I was trying to get my account to have administrative rights and somehow created a new account onto my computer that resets everytime I restart my computer as if it's newBefore, whenever I used my computer, a user wouldn't show up in...
  3. How can I revert back to my old user on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I revert back to my old user on my computer?: Background: While using command prompt, I was trying to get my account to have administrative rights and somehow created a new account onto my computer that resets everytime I restart my computer as if it's newBefore, whenever I used my computer, a user wouldn't show up in...
  4. How can I revert back to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I revert back to Windows 10?: I am finding so many problems with Windows 11; it's affecting my productivity so I would like to return to Windows 10 my previous computer died so I was forced into Windows 11 with a new computer....
  5. How can I revert back to Windows 10?

How can I revert back to Windows 10?: I am finding so many problems with Windows 11; it's affecting my productivity so I would like to return to Windows 10 my previous computer died so I was forced into Windows 11 with a new computer....
  6. How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I revert back to Windows 10 when my computer is in this state?: When I turn on the computer after I installed Windows 11, my taskbar no longer has any icons, no search, no icons or time or anything. So I used the shortcut function to open settings, but it crashes on startup, so I cannot open settings to revert my version. I have tried...
  7. My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can...: I am on a shared school computer working on Photoshop assignments. I have a well-organized filesystem. I have been working for the last two hours on finishing this assignment and saving every file in two formats. As I was about to embed them all into a single document, it...
  8. My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can...: I am on a shared school computer working on Photoshop assignments. I have a well-organized filesystem. I have been working for the last two hours on finishing this assignment and saving every file in two formats. As I was about to embed them all into a single document, it...
  9. My files randomly reverted back to an earlier state on a shared school computer, and I can...

10. Can I revert back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I revert back?: Hi. I recently had my Windows 10 Education install destroyed by some malware. after Malwarebytes asked me to reboot, I did as followed, and I was prompted wit the message: "Operating system not found." Seeing nothing else to do, I installed Windows 10 home. The contents were...