Windows 10: How can I revert the start search to the old style?

Discus and support How can I revert the start search to the old style? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AttackOfTheThumbs [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AttackOfTheThumbs, Jun 16, 2020.

1. How can I revert the start search to the old style?

/u/AttackOfTheThumbs, Jun 16, 2020
  2. PJD
    pjd Win User

Control panel folder with subfolder list, in start menu - old style

Search (Win/S) for 'control panel', should see Control Panel Desktop, right click it and pin to Start, or Taskbar - I somehow got it on my Desktop, but I forget how I see this

How can I revert the start search to the old style? [​IMG]

3. Edwin Win User

Or...
    Have Control Panel reside in the 'Most used' list and populate the 'jump list' with the items you want.

Edwin, Jun 16, 2020
  4. procc Win User

How can I revert the start search to the old style?

Is it possible to add this kind of Control Panel shortcut (like in screenshot below), with subfolder/subitem list, to windows 10, without installing Classic Shell or similar programs?

procc, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

How can I revert the start search to the old style?

1. How can I revert the start search to the old style? - Similar Threads - revert start search

2. How can I revert to the old MS Paint?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I revert to the old MS Paint?: I do not need any of the layers features, and when I cut, it totally removing the background instead of just painting it white is really messing me up. I just want to revert to the old version. Or can someone at least help me make it so when I cut, it makes it white....
  3. How can I revert to the old MS Paint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I revert to the old MS Paint?: I do not need any of the layers features, and when I cut, it totally removing the background instead of just painting it white is really messing me up. I just want to revert to the old version. Or can someone at least help me make it so when I cut, it makes it white....
  4. Revert to old search window

in Cortana
    Revert to old search window: After updating windows, the search window changed. By search window I mean the window which opens after starting to type something with the start menu opened. The new window uses more space and it is not connected to the edge of the screen. I have searched online and the only...
  5. Windows 10 Settings app reverted to old style

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings app reverted to old style: Hello there! I just noticed something, my Settings app reverted to old styleBEFOREAFTERWindows 10 Home • 21H1 19043.1110 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-settings-app-reverted-to-old-style/8185e800-c37b-42fd-af43-1096a70d91db
  6. Old style start menu

Old style start menu: Is it possible to switch the current start menu back to the old style start menu ? If so, how can it be done ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-style-start-menu/80ed68cc-87ea-4c18-bb6f-5bdb226476ba
  7. How do you revert to the old search box?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you revert to the old search box?: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/how-to-revert-to-the-old-search-box.277040/ Basically I'm having the same problem as this person. I signed in to my microsoft account and now it's switched to this new design submitted by /u/Lurkers_of_Reddit [link] [comments]...
  8. How to revert to the old instant search in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to revert to the old instant search in file explorer?: Hello, I know alot of people have issues with windows 10 and don’t like it but for what I do with it, alot of the inconvenience didn’t bother me. I have auto updates on and I update to the latest version of windows as it comes it and so I woke up today to the new search box...
  9. How to revert to the old search box

in Cortana
    How to revert to the old search box: Hi there! A long time ago around september 2019, I've updated my windows 10 to version 1903. The update changed my search box, which I don't like. I would like to know how to revert this: [ATTACH] To this: [ATTACH] Because IMO the new one is ugly, why does it have a blank...
  10. Reverting to old search bar

Reverting to old search bar: Hi, My search bar changed to a new form (see picture below) without my intervention. How can I reduce its size (around the size of the box that shows when you click on the Cortana button)? Thank you. [ATTACH]...