Windows 10: HOW CAN I REVERT TO MY ORIGINAL USER PROFILE. I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD AND...

Discus and support HOW CAN I REVERT TO MY ORIGINAL USER PROFILE. I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD AND... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HOW CAN I REVERT TO MY ORIGINAL USER PROFILE? I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD AND AM NOW ONLY ABLE TO SIGN IN AS A TEMPORARY USER PROFILE.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FO'N, Jul 30, 2019.

1. FO'N Win User

HOW CAN I REVERT TO MY ORIGINAL USER PROFILE. I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD AND...

HOW CAN I REVERT TO MY ORIGINAL USER PROFILE? I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD AND AM NOW ONLY ABLE TO SIGN IN AS A TEMPORARY USER PROFILE.

:)

2. Changing User Accounts Password

Hi Eddy,

If you are an Admin user for your Windows 10 device, it’s still possible to change another user’s password. To perform the said task, follow these steps:

• Simultaneously press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Once accessed, type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the user and choose Reset password.
    • Change it to your preferred password.

Once done, you may close the window and try to use the new password for the account.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Problem in changing User Profile password on Windows 10

Hello Daveinoak,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

Is it a Local account or Microsoft account?

Are you able to access desktop screen?

From where you're trying to change your password?

Let me confirm that changing User Profile password will differ based on the type of the account you're using.

To change your Microsoft account password:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account, then select
      Security & privacy.
    • Select Change password.
    • Enter your current password, then the new password that you want to use, then enter the new password again.
    • Select Save.

To change your Local account password:

• Click Start,
    • Navigate to Setting /> Accounts />
      Sign-in options
    • Under Password, click Change,
    • Enter your current password, then the new password that you want to use, then enter the new password again and Password Hint.
    • Select Next and Finish.
    Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 30, 2019
  4. HOW CAN I REVERT TO MY ORIGINAL USER PROFILE. I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD AND...

After entering password it’s user profile login failed

Hi Vicki Longnecker,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the complete error message that you get when you try to login to your computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    • Do you have any other administrator user account on the computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?

Also, you can try launching the On-Screen Keyboard from the sign-in screen by selecting the
    Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen, and then select
    On-Screen Keyboard. Type the password using the On-Screen Keyboard and check if you are able to login to your computer.

I have gone through your post and it appears that this issue could be due to a
    user profile corruption or an existence of a temporary profile. In order to get clarity on this issue, I would suggest you to follow the steps below.

I suggest you to first Start your PC in Safe Mode and check if you are able to login to your computer.

If you are able to login to your user account in Safe Mode, then go to
    This PC
    > Double-click on the C: drive (drive where Operating System is installed) >
    Users folder. In the Users folder, check for any profiles with an unusual name or if there is a profile named as Temp and please reply us with the result.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

HOW CAN I REVERT TO MY ORIGINAL USER PROFILE. I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD AND...

1. HOW CAN I REVERT TO MY ORIGINAL USER PROFILE. I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD AND... - Similar Threads - REVERT ORIGINAL USER

2. How can i reset my user profiles?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i reset my user profiles?: I have changed the name of my user folder and now it is causing problems as programs are installed in a different directory and the program files are saved in some other directory.HOW do i fix it and Is there a way to reset windows which will clear all the the user profiles...
  3. How can i reset my user profiles?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i reset my user profiles?: I have changed the name of my user folder and now it is causing problems as programs are installed in a different directory and the program files are saved in some other directory.HOW do i fix it and Is there a way to reset windows which will clear all the the user profiles...
  4. How can I change my password?

How can I change my password?: This question has been asked in a similar form previously, but I don't believe with this exact problem. I am trying to change my password. I have not forgotten my old password and can sign in and out. I receive the following message on trying to create new password "There's a...
  5. How can I change my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my password?: This question has been asked in a similar form previously, but I don't believe with this exact problem. I am trying to change my password. I have not forgotten my old password and can sign in and out. I receive the following message on trying to create new password "There's a...
  6. I have tried to change my profile name on C:/users/profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have tried to change my profile name on C:/users/profile: Hi!My profile name was sauro and after clean installionation everytime I login with my microsoft account it becomes my default administrator profile, I tried to change it but seems I miss the part where I should put the Profile path - Logon script and Home Path, and the...
  7. I have tried to change my profile name on C:/users/profile

I have tried to change my profile name on C:/users/profile: Hi!My profile name was sauro and after clean installionation everytime I login with my microsoft account it becomes my default administrator profile, I tried to change it but seems I miss the part where I should put the Profile path - Logon script and Home Path, and the...
  8. How can I change my user profile folder name?

How can I change my user profile folder name?: Just got a new HP laptop with Win 11 home pre-installed. Before I had a Surface Pro 4. I bought a Seagate 2 TB drive for backup and file transfer. My Surface user profile name was JoeM c:\users\JoeM. When I set up the new laptop, Windows automatically set my user profile name...
  9. How can I change my user profile folder name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my user profile folder name?: Just got a new HP laptop with Win 11 home pre-installed. Before I had a Surface Pro 4. I bought a Seagate 2 TB drive for backup and file transfer. My Surface user profile name was JoeM c:\users\JoeM. When I set up the new laptop, Windows automatically set my user profile name...
  10. How do I go back to my original user profile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I go back to my original user profile?: This is like the third time in the past few days where my laptop updates and leaves me on a Temp Profile. My apps are still downloaded and my Laura profile folders are in the User section, I just don't know how to return to making Laura my main profile instead of the latest...