Windows 10: how can i run a full scan?

Discus and support how can i run a full scan? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how can I run a full scan on my laptop?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by babybubbleknucklehead, May 6, 2019.

1. how can i run a full scan?

how can I run a full scan on my laptop?

:)

babybubbleknucklehead, May 6, 2019

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, May 6, 2019
  3. BRU
    bru Win User
    Defender not Running Regular Scan

I believe you are showing the scan that is part of Automatic Maintenance. For that mine is already set to System by default. Although I do not have anything listed for author. If the scan is running for you I think that is because it is the Automatic Maintenance scan.

4. Bree Win User

how can i run a full scan?

Defender not Running Regular Scan

I've never understood the need some people feel to set up a scheduled task to run a Defender scan. For the past year the automatic maintenance has run Defender scans for me.

That is, until the Anniversary Upgrade - it broke something and Defender never ran another scan. It finally alerted me that a scan was long overdue. I followed the suggestion on another thread...
    Windows Defender No Longer Performs AutoScan
    ...and the automatic maintenance scans are back to running regularly again.

Bree, May 6, 2019
Thema:

how can i run a full scan?

1. how can i run a full scan? - Similar Threads - run full scan

2. Full virus scan will not run. Nothing happens when I click "scan now"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full virus scan will not run. Nothing happens when I click "scan now": Full virus scan will not run. Nothing happens when I click "scan now" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-virus-scan-will-not-run-nothing-happens-when/8a877970-9d81-4206-a607-5366b7e39680
  3. running a full scan on window 7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    running a full scan on window 7: why is the full scan running past 2 hrs?* Moved from Windows Essentials/Movie Maker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/running-a-full-scan-on-window-7/cd2e9db6-3757-4198-aaf2-d16f8329c141
  4. IF I RUN A FULL SCAN WILL IT CONTINUE IF I GO OFFLINE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IF I RUN A FULL SCAN WILL IT CONTINUE IF I GO OFFLINE?: IF I RUN A FULL SCAN WILL IT CONTINUE IF I GO OFFLINE?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-run-a-full-scan-will-it-continue-if-i-go/cb5774a7-5142-4bb9-93a6-84fbc14e21bf
  5. Full Scan Doesn't Run

Full Scan Doesn't Run: I am trying to run a full scan on a Windows 10 machine, but it doesn't start. The quick scan will run. I have a program SAntivirus that appeared on my machine somehow. It is telling me I have a virus but I don't trust it and so am trying the full scan from Windows 10. As...
  6. How to run Scan?

How to run Scan?: I need to run a security scan. How do I do that? [Original Title: security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-run-scan/af85932c-bad8-4f5a-9e95-783045f83012
  7. Troubles running a full scan with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Troubles running a full scan with Windows Defender: I've tried a few times today to run a full scan on my comp. My PC is pretty old and this is my CPU (Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K). My IOS is Windows 10 with the latest update. I've looked up solutions on google of course and haven't had any luck. submitted by...
  8. Running Full Scan

Running Full Scan: I run Defender "full scan" every 3-4 days. Sometimes it takes 3-4 hours and other times 9-10 hours. Should I run it more often? Or is this normal to run for such a long time? When done, there is somewhere between 700,000-800,000 items scanned....
  9. Can not run scan

Can not run scan: I keep getting Error Code OX8050800d What's Up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/can-not-run-scan/c6d61d61-4372-4480-8376-bac347db9118
  10. Unable to run full scan on Windows Defender

Unable to run full scan on Windows Defender: I am unable to run a full scan on Windows Defender - the scan runs extremely slowly (only a dozen files per minute) and often hangs. The issue isn't that I have too many files - I've used only half of my available space and full scan worked perfectly well before I upgraded to...