Windows 10: How can I run a program as admin with privilege's in task scheduler?

Discus and support How can I run a program as admin with privilege's in task scheduler? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to have apps run on startup with task scheduler with the app running with admin privileges and it does not run as admin. I tried using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/whoyasuo, Dec 17, 2020.

1. How can I run a program as admin with privilege's in task scheduler?

I'm trying to have apps run on startup with task scheduler with the app running with admin privileges and it does not run as admin. I tried using shell:startup too but the apps don't seem to run on startup with shell:startup. Any ideas? Pleaase help

submitted by /u/whoyasuo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/whoyasuo, Dec 17, 2020

2. Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Dec 17, 2020
  3. App Runs Properly but Win10Pro Task Scheduler Cannot Run It

We have a requirement for extremely accurate computer clock time and use a small app that that, when launched, checks with a pool of time servers and syncs our computer clock. We want to schedule this app to run every couple of hours.

The app runs properly when I launch it manually. I created a task in Task Scheduler to do this automatically every two hours and, when I manually run the task within Task Scheduler, it also runs properly. However, it will not run on on its own on a schedule.
    Task Scheduler fails to launch it.

On a different computer, another app is able to launch it when that app is launched but, again, Task Scheduler fails to launch it on a schedule.

The task is configured in Task Scheduler as follows:

GENERAL

• When running the task, use the following user account: it's my own account, and I am an Administrator on the computer
    • Run only when user is logged on
    • Run with highest privileges
    • Configure for Windows 10
    TRIGGERS

• Trigger: At task creation/modification
    • Repeat every 2 hours for a duration of indefinitely
    • Enabled
    ACTIONS

• Start a program "path...\SysTimeUpdate.exe" min ('min' being an argument)
    CONDITIONS

• none - no conditions
    SETTINGS

• Allow task to be run on demand
    • Run task as soon as possible after a schedules start is missed
    • Stop the task if it runs longer than 1 hour
    • If the running task does not end when requested, force it to stop
    • If the task is already running, then the following rule applies - Stop the existing instance

Someone suggested that my Administrator account may not have full privileges, and it may be a permissions issue but, if so, why can I launch it manually and why can another app launch it when that app is launched but Task Scheduler cannot? This very very
    baffling, and any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Samurai7388, Dec 17, 2020
  4. How can I run a program as admin with privilege's in task scheduler?

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

How can I run a program as admin with privilege's in task scheduler?

1. How can I run a program as admin with privilege's in task scheduler? - Similar Threads - run program admin

2. Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...: We use role based access and currently have local groups for all users and admins on a Windows 2016 Server.The role membership includes AD groups where AD members are added.The QA team members are non-administrators and access the QA server using RDP.Our QA team members need...
  3. Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...: We use role based access and currently have local groups for all users and admins on a Windows 2016 Server.The role membership includes AD groups where AD members are added.The QA team members are non-administrators and access the QA server using RDP.Our QA team members need...
  4. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  5. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  6. Run a program without admin privileges from admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run a program without admin privileges from admin account: Okay, I found a thread with this same question, but he was using Windows Server, and so was told this forum was for home users. I am a home user, running Windows 10 Pro, but I have the exact same problem. I cannot run OneDrive.exe, as it says to not run it as an admin. Run...
  7. How to run a program in task scheduler?

How to run a program in task scheduler?: I have installed Speedfan and it won't run at the windows startup, so I tried to schedule it in task scheduler, I am not familiar with using it and wondered if there is a guide for W10 64 anywhere or if anyone can tell me how? Many thanks in advance! John. 13863
  8. Task Scheduler - how to run program on different drive?

Task Scheduler - how to run program on different drive?: Hi, I'm trying to set up a task using Task Scheduler to run a game which is on one of my secondary drives, drive F: - I have Windows 10 installed on the C: drive. The problem I'm having is Task Scheduler doesn't seem able to start a program if it's on any drive except C: -...
  9. Task Scheduler doesn't run program

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler doesn't run program: I'm running a task schedule to run a program at a certain time. It worked great in windows 7 but since I upgraded to 10 nothing happens when the task is run. I've run SFC and Dism see below and no problems found. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan....
  10. Task Scheduler not running programs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler not running programs...: Hello Guys, I have a Windows 10 Laptop. Tried using Task Scheduler to automatically run Good Sync program on a predefined schedule. However, it fails to run the program. My user account has administrative priviledges. Thanks for your replies. 37970