Windows 10: How can I run a program as an administrator user on a basic users account from the same...

Discus and support How can I run a program as an administrator user on a basic users account from the same... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to make a scheduled task that a basic user can call upon, that will open a cmd window on the basic users desktop with admin privileges... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by [-Matthew-], Nov 5, 2019.

1. How can I run a program as an administrator user on a basic users account from the same...

I am trying to make a scheduled task that a basic user can call upon, that will open a cmd window on the basic users desktop with admin privileges using a different admin account

When I run the task I created, it will open the cmd as admin only in the admin users desktop

When I change it to the basic user (task is still created by admin) and run it, it will open cmd, but not as admin

:)

[-Matthew-], Nov 5, 2019
  2. E-one Win User

Is there still reason to use standard user account in Windows OS?

Thanks to all for taking the trouble to share your opinion. I personally have always had two accounts on my computer – administrator for administrator actions and standard for everyday use. The reason I'm asking is that some legitimate modern programs still require administrative permissions to run them in standard user. I suspect that some legitimate modern programs are unable to install updates in standard user even with administrative permissions. And some programs have limited functionality in standard user account. Last but not least, it's an extra work to set up and administer two accounts for one user of the computer and it takes up more space (relevant for SSD). This is all quite annoying.

As I’m the only user of my computer my only concern is adequate virus protection. I'm well aware of all the everyday hazard associated with using the computer in this day and age. I know how to use and properly configure antivirus software and firewall. So what I’m trying to find an answer to is whether or not UAC turns an administrator account into what is known as a protected administrator account, basically, an administrator account that runs with standard user account privileges. And if not, how much of a benefit for me to use standard user account for everyday work considering that I frequently have to deal with some of my programs constantly requiring administrative permissions to run and some are unable to install updates even with elevated permissions [in standard account].

E-one, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    No permission on Administrator user account

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create an Administrator account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 5, 2019
  4. How can I run a program as an administrator user on a basic users account from the same...

Is there still reason to use standard user account in Windows OS?

UAc only puts prompts on the screen. Guest/standard acount have many settings disabled. Which those settings are adjusted by the admin.

eidairaman1, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

How can I run a program as an administrator user on a basic users account from the same...

1. How can I run a program as an administrator user on a basic users account from the same... - Similar Threads - run program administrator

2. Can I use the same Microsoft account to be the administrator user on many devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the same Microsoft account to be the administrator user on many devices?: I need to set up about 50 laptops for our staff at our school. My question is, if we set up each computer and login using a general non-365 Microsoft account to be the administrator account on each device and then add a local user account when I assign each laptop to a...
  3. Can I use the same Microsoft account to be the administrator user on many devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use the same Microsoft account to be the administrator user on many devices?: I need to set up about 50 laptops for our staff at our school. My question is, if we set up each computer and login using a general non-365 Microsoft account to be the administrator account on each device and then add a local user account when I assign each laptop to a...
  4. Can not change user account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not change user account to Administrator: Asked question before PC shut off and I lost links answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-change-user-account-to-administrator/dab9945c-1f60-4dd9-8037-901cd67e615b
  5. Can not change user account to Administrator

Can not change user account to Administrator: Asked question before PC shut off and I lost links answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-change-user-account-to-administrator/dab9945c-1f60-4dd9-8037-901cd67e615b
  6. Can I use the same Outlook account on Administrator and User accounts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I use the same Outlook account on Administrator and User accounts?: Until recently, I have had only an Administrator account on my PC Win 10 Pro. To add security, I recently added a local account, and I would like to be able to access my MS Office Outlook email when I am logged in to either account. I don't sign into either of the user...
  7. Cannot run powershell as admin - program is missing but can as basic user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot run powershell as admin - program is missing but can as basic user: This is weird. When I try to run powershell as admin, after typing powershell after clicking on the start button, I get a message the program cannot be found or is missing ??. When I just choose to run it as a basic user powershell runs just fine. Can't do anything with...
  8. How can I change my Accounts from “Users” to “Administrator” ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change my Accounts from “Users” to “Administrator” ?: Hi, I use Windows 10 pro and I am the sole user. After Resetting my computer my “Administrator” status has changed to “Users”. In the CMD command prompt, it shows;c:\users\my mane>. Can you please tell me how I can change back to as Administrator without changing my...
  9. Run Administrator Programs in Startup of Standard User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Run Administrator Programs in Startup of Standard User: I have both an administrator and standard account on my laptop. I use the standard account for every general task and do not use the administrator account unless absolutely needed. There are two pieces of software I want to run at startup every time either my standard account...
  10. Run User Program As Administrator

Run User Program As Administrator: I want to create a small program (bat, exe, PowerShell, whatever) to delete all Event logs. I want to put this on the C drive (not a shortcut on the desktop), double-click it, and it runs. I don't want to have to right-click and choose Run as administrator. Approving the UAC...