Windows 10: How can I run Disk Management as administrator?

Discus and support How can I run Disk Management as administrator? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new Dell, upgrading the SSD and consequently want to move some partitions on the new drive to access the unallocated space. In Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PrestonHolmes, Jan 13, 2019.

1. How can I run Disk Management as administrator?

I have a new Dell, upgrading the SSD and consequently want to move some partitions on the new drive to access the unallocated space. In Disk Management (Wiindows 10 version 1089) I cannot get any options within the tools - when right clicking any partition, I only get a "Help" option.

Can not find clear instructions on how to open disk management as administrator, and suspect this is the issue.

:)

PrestonHolmes, Jan 13, 2019

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue How can I run Disk Management as administrator? :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 13, 2019
  4. stordoff Win User

How can I run Disk Management as administrator?

New HDD..where is it?

Is it formatted?

Do this, and see if it is listed there

1. Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    2. Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
    3. In the console tree, click Disk Management. The Disk Management window appears. Your disks and volumes appear in a graphical view and list view.

stordoff, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

How can I run Disk Management as administrator?

1. How can I run Disk Management as administrator? - Similar Threads - run Disk Management

2. How can i run a program as an administrator on windows 10 home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i run a program as an administrator on windows 10 home?: Hello, I am attempting to run nice hash on my computer as an administrator, but it gives me an error "this app has been blocked for your protection" I have googled several solutions, such as add it to windows antivirus exclusions list, which did not work, and to use the group...
  3. How to not run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to not run as administrator?: How do I get a program to not run as administrator? I have tried going into the compatibility tab and unchecking the box but that doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-not-run-as-administrator/6039d6d0-7961-4d0d-8e84-5750ae579c57
  4. How to not run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to not run as administrator?: How do I get a program to not run as administrator? I have tried going into the compatibility tab and unchecking the box but that doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-not-run-as-administrator/6039d6d0-7961-4d0d-8e84-5750ae579c57
  5. How to not run as administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. How Can I Disable Run As Administrator For An App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Disable Run As Administrator For An App?: I want to run an application without administrator but I don't know how to do it. help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-run-as-administrator-for-an-app/947003c8-a751-4c63-b148-8ba53ee814ee
  7. How Can I Disable Run As Administrator For An App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Disable Run As Administrator For An App?: I want to run an application without administrator but I don't know how to do it. help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-run-as-administrator-for-an-app/947003c8-a751-4c63-b148-8ba53ee814ee
  8. How can i configure a disk in disk management to account for future redundancy?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i configure a disk in disk management to account for future redundancy?: Hello, how can i configure a disk in disk management to account for future redundancy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-configure-a-disk-in-disk-management-to/a3f7bd5d-8557-4989-bdbe-3b658a427328
  9. Disk Manager will not run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Manager will not run: I use a 512 GB SSD for my system drive. Within the past couple of days file access on all drives has slowed to a crawl and I cannot see properties of the C: drive from My Computer. I cannot access the disk manager app from manage computer it just hangs with a blank window, so...
  10. how to run as administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to run as administrator: how to run as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-as-administrator/0203dd74-446d-4447-9443-dbf1c627879d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run disk management as administrator

2. disk management run as administrator

3. windows 10 disk management

4. how to run disk management as administrator,
  5. run disk management as administrator win 10,
  6. disk management admin mode,
  7. disc management admin,
  8. run disk management as admin,
  9. disk management run,
  10. disk management administrator,
  11. disk management as administrator windows 10,