Windows 10: How can I save my organized desktop?

Discus and support How can I save my organized desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve always used my laptop connected to another screen (bigger resolution). In that screen every icon from the desktop is well organized. Now I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DemienOF, Mar 7, 2023.

1. How can I save my organized desktop?

I’ve always used my laptop connected to another screen (bigger resolution). In that screen every icon from the desktop is well organized.

Now I have to take my laptop to work, but everytime I turn it up, the icons are messed up. It doesn’t matter if I organize them and refresh the desktop, they will mess up as soon as I restart the computer.

How can I solve this issue? Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/DemienOF
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DemienOF, Mar 7, 2023
  2. JohnFyffe Win User

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Mar 7, 2023
  3. Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 7, 2023
  4. How can I save my organized desktop?

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Doesn't work red circle appears will not allow it

ChrisBruse, Mar 7, 2023
Thema:

How can I save my organized desktop?

1. How can I save my organized desktop? - Similar Threads - save organized desktop

2. How can I restore a previous desktop organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore a previous desktop organization: My desktop spontaneosly reorganized itself, I need to restore it to its immediately prior state. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-a-previous-desktop-organization/c431c5cb-dcb4-4634-bec6-7fbdc4a4b422
  3. How can I restore a previous desktop organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore a previous desktop organization: My desktop spontaneosly reorganized itself, I need to restore it to its immediately prior state. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-a-previous-desktop-organization/c431c5cb-dcb4-4634-bec6-7fbdc4a4b422
  4. How can I restore a previous desktop organization

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?: Is there a way to keep multiple desktops active even after shut down or restarting my computer. It seems like the multiple desktop feature only works if your computer will be on sleep mode but if you restart or shutdown, all your windows are put back into a single...
  6. Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?: Is there a way to keep multiple desktops active even after shut down or restarting my computer. It seems like the multiple desktop feature only works if your computer will be on sleep mode but if you restart or shutdown, all your windows are put back into a single...
  7. Desktop Organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Organization: Can groups of selected files or folders be outline with an adjustable sized "binding box" of lines"?Or is there no other way Microsoft methods of organizing the desktop other than by using folders?If not, are there any third parties approved for use by MS? Thanks; JM...
  8. How can I connect to my organization activation server?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I connect to my organization activation server?: I'm trying to activate my Windows but it shows "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Make sure you're connected to your organization's network and try again."...
  9. How can I organize my folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I organize my folders in Windows Explorer: I am a singer and have the software to record my music. I have everything organized into separate file folders. For me, what I did was create a folder called DATA and then everything goes inside that folder. That way when I back up all my data all I have to do is backup...
  10. How can I save my computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I save my computer?: Hi. I'm using a Samsung Windows 10. I was updating to the most recent Windows 10 on Wednesday night and stupidly turned off the computer half way. Now I'm stuck in a boot loop (screen says it will restore previous version of windows and then restarts itself) or...