Windows 10: How can I save my Windows 10 digital licences for multiple installs?

Discus and support How can I save my Windows 10 digital licences for multiple installs? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have this elaborate multi-boot setup with my "daily driver" Windows 10 on my main GPT SSD plus 4 extra Windows 10 partitions on a secondary MBR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Dec 6, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

How can I save my Windows 10 digital licences for multiple installs?

I have this elaborate multi-boot setup with my "daily driver" Windows 10 on my main GPT SSD plus 4 extra Windows 10 partitions on a secondary MBR spinning HDD. I use EasyBCD to multi-boot and it works (or did work) flawlessly until I did something today that was probably really stupid. *Rolleyes *Redface

I wanted to add some more partitions to that second boot drive because it is 4 TB and there was so much wasted space. So I used MiniTool Partition Wizard (highly recommended) to convert that second drive from MBR to GPT. The free version only converts DATA drives and I didn't want to spend the money for the paid version to get conversion for OS drives. The conversion ran OK.

At this point, EasyBCD throws up a message "Error Opening BCD Registry." I managed to get things back to normal by by re-converting the drive back to MBR. However, if I change the drive letters on those 4 extra partitions to NONE (so Windows doesn't get confused), then I get that error window again. Before today, I had drive letter NONE for those 4 extra partitions, and EasyBCD ran fine.

Now I need to upgrade all these extra Win 10 partitions to 1809 anyway, so I'm thinking that I should just erase all the partitions on the drive and reformat as a GPT drive. Then I would recreate my 4 Windows partitions on the second drive using 1809. These extra partitions are just for scratching around, doing test installs, etc, so I don't have to save anything on those partitions.

Before I do that, I want to be sure that I have copies of the digital licenses so the Microsoft servers activate these partitions, and I don't lose the installs.

The company I used to work for was in some kind of third party developers program and they had 4 extra installs on a Win 7 Retail Edition key and they let me use those installs.

So what are my next steps?
    Yeah, I know I did something really stupid. *Redface *Sad

:)

x509, Dec 6, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 digital licence

I have a windows 7 ultimate genuine product key and recently my hard drive I've clean installed windows 10 on my pc and while in the installation process i have skipped clicked "I don't have a product key" now my windows 10 is just activated but not by
    a digital licence. So can i get a digital licence using my genuine Windows 7 product key answer me quick please.

Asrafiuzzaman Shihaf, Dec 6, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Revoking Digital Licence -- possible ????

Digital licences are sort of half way between oem and retail. You can transfer them to a new device (regardless of original licence status) but it is not unlimited. They can only be transferred three time (At last within a short period. I have never tested doing it weeks apart). Also, digital licences cannot be transferred between virtual machines and physical machines.

Full Retail keys do not have the above restriction albeit telephone activation may be needed periodically to transfer the licence (just a security check by MS to avoid wholesale piracy).

It is alleged you cannot transfer between laptops and desktops, but I cannot verify that - I have seen conflicting evidence to suggest that is "hit or miss".

I think of digital licences as "Restricted Retail" as opposed to "Full Retail".

cereberus, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I save my Windows 10 digital licences for multiple installs? - Similar Threads - save digital licences

2. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital Licence: Hiiii, I have one question for you. I have a computer with a digital license that comes with the computer and my question is how can I delete that license and activate another one that the company ordered....
  3. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Digital Licence: Hiiii, I have one question for you. I have a computer with a digital license that comes with the computer and my question is how can I delete that license and activate another one that the company ordered....
  4. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIndows 10 Digital Licence

WIndows 10 Digital Licence: Good day, bought my laptop which had a pre-installed Microsoft Home. I changed the OS to Microsoft Pro by buying a license online. Today this license was accidentally removed using cmd. Please how do i get the license back since my PC is currently inactivated. Prompt...
  6. Windows 10 digital licence: how many copies of Windows can I activate with it?

Windows 10 digital licence: how many copies of Windows can I activate with it?: Hello, I understand that this questions has probably been answered somewhere, so I wouldn't mind a link. I have my Windows 10 Pro version 2004 OS build 19041.388 activated with the digital licence linked to my Microsoft account. Can I legally use the same digital licence...
  7. windows 10 digital licence

windows 10 digital licence: My laptop hard drive crashed and I need my digital licence to activate windows 10 on a diff pc. How can I get that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-digital-licence/5feb4c46-1cdd-4cce-92d6-0f871864f812
  8. Digital licence Windows 10

Digital licence Windows 10: Do digital licences expire https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence-windows-10/59dc3bcc-abf2-42d2-a4f4-526bb91d4083"
  9. How can I save my Windows 10 digital licences for multiple installs?

How can I save my Windows 10 digital licences for multiple installs?: I have this elaborate multi-boot setup with my "daily driver" Windows 10 on my main GPT SSD plus 4 extra Windows 10 partitions on a secondary MBR spinning HDD. I use EasyBCD to multi-boot and it works (or did work) flawlessly until I did something today that was probably...
  10. Windows 10 digital licence

Windows 10 digital licence: hi to all, I need help from someone with big experience in licencing. Our company recently purchased unbranded PCs with Windows 10. No COA was provided, and according to reseler PCs are with digital licence. However, running command wmic path softwarelicensingservice...