Windows 10: How can i schedule a specific time for my windows updates to happen?

Discus and support How can i schedule a specific time for my windows updates to happen? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I would like to know how can I schedule a specific time for my Windows updates to happen.I would like to do this because in South Africa, data is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Raul-123, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Raul-123 Win User

How can i schedule a specific time for my windows updates to happen?

Hello,I would like to know how can I schedule a specific time for my Windows updates to happen.I would like to do this because in South Africa, data is extremely expensive and I have data that happens from 00:00 - 07:00 which I don't use because I am sleeping.Kind Regards.

:)

Raul-123, Jun 9, 2021

2. how do i schedule windows updates at a specific time only

how do i schedule windows updates at a specific time only

JackBrophy, Jun 9, 2021
  3. BobP3UX Win User
    Time Synchronization Task Scheduler Windows 10

Hi Kern

Tried all the steps you suggested but time is still not synchronizing with internet time via the normal GUI settings and running SynchronizeTime from Windows Task Scheduler returns code 2147943479.

What next?

Thanks,

Bob

BobP3UX, Jun 9, 2021
  4. How can i schedule a specific time for my windows updates to happen?

Scheduling Windows 10 updates

Hi Anthony,

We suggest you to schedule a restart instead, after downloading Windows update. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Windows icon.
    • Type Settings.
    • Click Update and Security.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • On Choose how update are installed, click the drop down button. See the screenshot below:

How can i schedule a specific time for my windows updates to happen? 86cfa2c8-ff26-40b8-948b-dab72e5034b1.png

Regards.

Jesebel Ova, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

How can i schedule a specific time for my windows updates to happen?

1. How can i schedule a specific time for my windows updates to happen? - Similar Threads - schedule specific updates

2. How can i know which program ran silently on my computer at a specific time ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i know which program ran silently on my computer at a specific time ?: I was browsing on firefox/reddit earlier, with nothing else opened on my computer, and a program opened for like 2 seconds on my taskbar, the icon was like black bars in the shape of a flower on an orange background. And then it vanished, this is not the first time it...
  3. Scheduling time for update downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scheduling time for update downloads: I am on a metered satellite connection and wish to have all giant windows updates 1GByte size, etc. take place between 2AM and 8AM when my service offers me ten times more monthly download capacity than between 8AM and 2AM. I seem to remember that there was a download...
  4. How to schedule Windows Update download times

How to schedule Windows Update download times: Hi guys, Due to where I live I have a broadband satellite internet connection which still have a peak and off-peak download quota. My issue is MS Windows Update downloads keep blowing out my peak download quota as the peak time is 7am to 2am. I would like to know if I can...
  5. How to schedule the download time for Windows Update packages

How to schedule the download time for Windows Update packages: How can I schedule the download time for Windows Update so that it only downloads during Off Peak data times, typically 01:00 to 07:00 with my satellite broadband provider Please note that I am not asking to schedule the restart, only the downloading of the update packages....
  6. How to schedule windows update download time?

How to schedule windows update download time?: Windows updates are chewing my data, i want to schedule them to download at night during off-peak period Windows 7 could do this why did it get removed in Windows 10?...
  7. Specific Windows Update Schedule

Specific Windows Update Schedule: I am just curious to know if Microsoft has a set schedule each month to roll out updates for the OS. I know that the second tuesday of each month is typcally for security updates, but are there any other specific days for other types of updates?...
  8. Can I schedule the time Windows downloads updates?

Can I schedule the time Windows downloads updates?: The title pretty much says it all. I want Windows to download updates between 2 and 8 am. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/can-i-schedule-the-time-windows-downloads-updates/62f0a5e2-5378-410f-8e87-cec6c5bef7db
  9. Scheduled support not happening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scheduled support not happening: I was told that a level 2 techniian would call me today between 4-6 pm but no one has called. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/scheduled-support-not-happening/af7a777f-13f4-4f6c-ae19-0310ef4d657e
  10. Windows 10 Shutdown Script through Scheduled task for specific time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shutdown Script through Scheduled task for specific time: Hey all, I have been working on trying to shutdown about 21 lab computers everyday at 11pm through scheduled task with a shutdown script which is as simple as: REM Shutdown computers at 11;%windir%\system32\shutdown.exe /s /f /t 0 /c "Computer shutting down" The...