Windows 10: How can I schedule my W10 machine to go in to Sleep mode?

Discus and support How can I schedule my W10 machine to go in to Sleep mode? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to be able to double click on a desktop icon that does the following: Puts the W10 machine in to sleep mode, at a certain time of the day.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by W10User123, Oct 24, 2020.

1. How can I schedule my W10 machine to go in to Sleep mode?

I would like to be able to double click on a desktop icon that does the following:
    Puts the W10 machine in to sleep mode, at a certain time of the day.
    If anyone can tell me how to do this, I'd be really grateful. Thanks a lot.

(My W10 version number is 2004.)

:)

W10User123, Oct 24, 2020

2. Random sleeping

My upgraded W10 machine has several issues NOT solved by MS updates.

Does anyone have a solution to these issues that will work?

Thanks

Rick

RickMcKenney, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

Well i found out why i couldn't delete the hiberfil.sys file, i wasn't running the command prompt as administrator, after typing powercfg.exe -h off the file have been deleted, in W7 the hiberfil.sys was 6GB and after i deleted on W10 i got 20GB free space*Eek! How can I schedule my W10 machine to go in to Sleep mode? :eek:, is it the hiberfil.sys file bigger on W10 than on W7*Confused How can I schedule my W10 machine to go in to Sleep mode? :confused:

Now, i didnt know if after deleting the hiberfil.sys file when i put my Machine to sleep it will goes in Hybrid sleep mode or normal sleep mode and to find out i went into power plan settings to confirm my suspects and here it is Hybrid mode is gone.

How can I schedule my W10 machine to go in to Sleep mode? hybrid-2-screenshot-01_06-jpg.jpg

Knoxx29, Oct 24, 2020
  4. LUVSITE Win User

How can I schedule my W10 machine to go in to Sleep mode?

Scheduled Tasks in sleep mode

I often have my computer in sleep mode during the day and usually off at night while I'm sleeping. I've noticed that during the day when I'm out and have left the computer in sleep mode, it has done a Windows update. I'm wondering if the computer can
    also complete scheduled tasks such as defragmenting? I never get to defragment because the computer is off at night and I don't want to schedule it for the day when I am using the computer. If I thought it would defragment, or do other scheduled chores,
    I would leave it in sleep mode rather than turning it off at night

LUVSITE, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

How can I schedule my W10 machine to go in to Sleep mode?

1. How can I schedule my W10 machine to go in to Sleep mode? - Similar Threads - schedule W10 machine

2. My windows was not going in Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My windows was not going in Sleep mode: Hello,I'm Ayush from India, Recently I'm facing one Issue on my laptop Dell Inspiron 15z 5523 that my windows doesn't go in Sleep. Whenever I press sleep my monitor got off and in 5-6 seconds it automatically wakeup from Sleep even without disturbing mouse or Keyboard. Please...
  3. My windows was not going in Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows was not going in Sleep mode: Hello,I'm Ayush from India, Recently I'm facing one Issue on my laptop Dell Inspiron 15z 5523 that my windows doesn't go in Sleep. Whenever I press sleep my monitor got off and in 5-6 seconds it automatically wakeup from Sleep even without disturbing mouse or Keyboard. Please...
  4. My windows was not going in Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I wake W10 from sleep mode: Hi, anyone know how to wake W10 frm sleep mode. Used to work til I got new updates/chips/bios etc. Now nothing seems to wake it & it turns off when I press the power button. Has anyone had the same problem.? thks...
  6. How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I wake W10 from sleep mode: Hi, anyone know how to wake W10 frm sleep mode. Used to work til I got new updates/chips/bios etc. Now nothing seems to wake it & it turns off when I press the power button. Has anyone had the same problem.? thks...
  7. How to schedule computer to go to sleep mode (not hybernation)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to schedule computer to go to sleep mode (not hybernation): Is there a switch to use in task scheduler to go to sleep at a certain time. Shutdown /h is not what I want to do, i just want to go into the normal sleep mode. The reason I want this is because sometimes my computer doesn't go to sleep and i want to force it to sleep....
  8. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  9. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  10. Scheduled Tasks in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled Tasks in sleep mode: I often have my computer in sleep mode during the day and usually off at night while I'm sleeping. I've noticed that during the day when I'm out and have left the computer in sleep mode, it has done a Windows update. I'm wondering if the computer can also complete scheduled...